Physical remote for iPad

avdezign

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I used to have on my iPod (classic) a remote from Apple that simply plugged in the headphone plug and added an external remote control. I thought this was great especially since I like just tossing my iPod in my bag and simply control it from my pocket.

Now I have an iPad and I'm faced with the same situation, I like starting music or podcasts on my iPad and just leave it in the bag. Is there a solution for the iPad out there ? (connected, Bluetooth, Wifi)

I tried my old Apple remote from the iPod but the iPad reported that this item was not usable.

PS, App remotes for the iPhone and iPod Touch are not what I'm looking for.

Thanks fro any help

avdezign

Last edited:

avdezign

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I saw those, but those things aren't headphones, and my ears are not compatible with them earbuds, they pain me after just a few hours. What I would like would be exactly that but a plug at the end where one could put in any headphones they wish. Is there anything like that out there?

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
The only thing that I know out there was the Radio Remote for the iPod however that is not compatible with iPhone so most likely is not compatible with the iPad and I don't see it in the Apple store either. Good Luck on your search though

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
A remote for an ipad. Hmmmm. How about we use an iphone? Now that would be smart technology. But then again, it would use an existing product and would add value without making customers pay for it, so Apple won't go for it.

avdezign

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay' I found something at dealextreme, looks crappy, but considering the price (8$), I will give it a try.

I'll let you know if it works out when I get it.

Sorry I can't post links or images (yet) :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh