What is your favorite case for iPad?

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
There are so many to choose from, I can't decide! I review a fair amount of cases for TiPb, but I am curious as to what the TiPb community is using?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I love my Speck SeeThru. It has a rubber ring on the back that keeps the iPad sitting flat and doesn't allow it to slide around to much. Plus when you are holding it, the rubber ring acts like a finger support to give you more grip.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
The Apple case by a long-shot. It is the leanest, multi-function case available for the iPad. However, it is a PIA to keep clean (that's why I have huggies baby wipes handy :) ).

I have also owned:

Yoobao portfolio case R2 : Nice leather case - only downside is the leather around the bezel, I found it to be a little too intrusive.

EDIT: Yoobao now has several different revisions out now. If you are interested in a tri-function (Flip case, portrait stand, and typing angle) case, take a look Here

Cyberacoustics IC-1000BK - Leather iPad case - A real nice case with minimal bezel interference. It uses 4 hard plastic clips to hold the iPad in place. Leather is a bit thick but feels nice.

Marware SportShell Convertible - Meh

Last edited:

Crimsonium

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Incase Convertible Book Jacket. What I liked is it has good protection not only in the front but also in the back. There's about a half inch of material each side. I managed to get it for 10% off so it was a no-brained at the time I purchased the iPad.

bigg22

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
The Speck Candyshell is my favorite. Very sturdy, yet lightweight, and the ability to use the apple iPad dock with it still on is a huge plus.

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I currently only have the Apple case and I like it a lot. I do wish it would stand up on uneven surfaces better (like a bed), any recommendations for that?

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
I just got the Incase Convertible Book Jacket and like it. Great for traveling. Probably will take it off while Im at home tho. Much more durable than the Apple one. I guess it depends on how you use your ipad. I personally only use it at home, or while im on an airplane (or vacation).

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
Dodocase rocks! Custom made by hand (thats why it takes so long). Durable, everything fits tight with play through openings. It resembles a Moleskin Binder of some type and looks professional. When closed so it has that "doesn't look like an iPad in a case" feeling so thieves might pass it by on first look.

Secondarily, the Apple iPad case is very good, if not as attractive as the DodoCase.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234