Where are the iPad apps?

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
JDM, I feel the same way. Just doesn't seem like the amount of QUALITY apps available. I personally know one big time dev on the iPhone platform that just didn't have the man source or desire to spend the time to re-devlop his app for the iPad. I assume a lot of devs feel the same way as him.. :(

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
JHamilton put it the right way. Its the quality of apps. Its the apps that I WANT and YOU want. Seems like most (at least to me) are junk. I could make a very large list of apps on my iPhone 4 that are excellent and must haves. My iPad list is VERY short.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
JHamilton put it the right way. Its the quality of apps. Its the apps that I WANT and YOU want. Seems like most (at least to me) are junk. I could make a very large list of apps on my iPhone 4 that are excellent and must haves. My iPad list is VERY short.

Although browsing is great on the iPad I would still like a Facebook app, or at least apps with the quality that popular iPhone apps have.

Even the gaming apps on the iPad are lackluster compared to the iPhone.. to me it should be the other way around since the screen size is so much bigger on the iPad.

But hey, the iPad is still under a year old so I'd say it's young and still has time to grow into the platform the iPhone has. :cool:

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I just got my iPad, so the new gadget reality distortion field is in full effect.

My question is... what really makes a difference between an iPad and iPhone app?

I tried some iphone apps I downloaded, and the small screen version works, but nobody will want to use it like that. The full screen version is lousy- you'd go blind looking at it. But the functionality is the same

I don't understand why they can't scale it up to make it look decent. Well I do, then nobody would develop an iPad specific app and the iPad app store would be redundant for like 90% of the apps. But is it so bad to make an app compatible with iPhone/iPad (so the app looks crisp and not like you're not wearing your glasses)? You can always add on features on the iPad only app.

Either make more iPad apps OR have it so the iPhone apps would scale up nicely on the iPad and not be blurry

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think that part of the problem is iOS4. I hope that when the iPhone and the iPad are on the same operating system, that will unlock a backlog of apps for both.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I think that part of the problem is iOS4. I hope that when the iPhone and the iPad are on the same operating system, that will unlock a backlog of apps for both.

That is a good point.. and could possibly be why devs are holding back with the iPad at this point.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The iPad apps are coming. Once it's on par with the current iOS, like the others said, they'll be playing catch-up. There have been a few new games at least "trickling" into app store. In fact, last night, I saw N.O.V.A. HD for iPad is on sale for $.99. Thinking about snagging that up when I get home from work. It actually supports multi-player which seems pretty cool.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The universal apps work fine on both whether iPad 3 or iPhone 4
But not if they use any of the APIs that are unique to iOS4. The point is that iif one wishes to publish a universal app that exploits iOS4, one is waiting. If one has published an app that exploits iOS4, it is not available on the iPad.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i wish there were more apps available for the iPad that I would find myself using. For instance any of the banking apps, facebook, etc. Let's see what goodness is going to come from ios4 on the iPad!

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
I have felt disappointed as well, but realistically, the iPad has only been available since April and does not have the same market penetration as iPhone/iPod Touch. However, recently there have been some fantastic apps appear in the App Store. OmniFocus and iWork come to mind. Gaming has Madden, Chaos Rings and Splinter Cell. I think this holiday season we will see many more apps. Patience is key, but I don't have any :)

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I may sell my iPad due to a dwindling need for it. I love having it but don't truely need it anymore. I figured Apps would come out like crazy for it but most of them as discussed, are not worth the time to download, try, and delete. Oh well I'm thinking its time to eBay. :-(

xiaoa

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
i think the reason is that iphone is more widespread than ipad,
iphone is a phone which everyone needs , but the ipad just a Tablet PC .:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods