App for note taking at school

Exergy

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I need an app for taking notes in school. I've downloaded penultimate (i dont like how big the writing is and how small the pages are) and will be downloading pages but I really need an app that does both. I'm an engineering student so mixed in all the jumble is equals and pictures that I'll need to draw.

Is there a good app that does both? And well? Can I email my notes or upload them to a webpage; etc?

Does pages support drawing? What's your experience with the app suggested?

Thank you in advance. Sorry if this already thread; I searched earlier and could not find anything...

J

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have you looked at Evernote? The Premium version allows you to add drawings and save documents to it - very full featured and you can access from anywhere.

Exergy

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Have you looked at Evernote? The Premium version allows you to add drawings and save documents to it - very full featured and you can access from anywhere.

Can you add drawings directly in the app or would I have to use a drawing app to save the image and the add it to evernotes?

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Quick research indicates CourseNotes or NotesPlus might be worth a look.

CourseNotes looks very education-centric and allows text input and drawings.
CourseNotes App for the iPad!

NotesPlus is similar, though with less in the way of an educational bent. Might be more useful after school?
Notes Plus

I might pick up Notes Plus for myself... interesting

Exergy

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Quick research indicates CourseNotes or NotesPlus might be worth a look.

CourseNotes looks very education-centric and allows text input and drawings.
CourseNotes App for the iPad!

NotesPlus is similar, though with less in the way of an educational bent. Might be more useful after school?
Notes Plus

I might pick up Notes Plus for myself... interesting

Course notes was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you kilsey!

I downloaded it and plan to use it for all my class, I just hope the linear nature of the app doesn't hinder me too much. Bullet points would be nice...

Noteplus looked nice too but a little too unorganized for multiple class note taking.

I might look into evernotes later but the monthly charge kind of scared me away.

Thanks everyone, very helpful.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Y'all make me so happy. Getting my high school students to take notes at all is worse than pulling teeth.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Well most high schools don't allow laptops or iPads for note-taking.

Its one of the nicer things about college ;)

Gotta crawl before you can walk. If they don't know how to take notes, they won't be better able to do it on a laptop or iPad. <sigh>

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Penultimate is probably the best handwriting app. It actually pics up, very accurately, your movements. Use the pogo too.

Exergy

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Penultimate is probably the best handwriting app. It actually pics up, very accurately, your movements. Use the pogo too.

Typed notes are so much more organized. Also, I type way faster than I write so typing with some drawing/writing is ideal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods