Needs iOS4 already

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Im extremely frustrated going from my iPhone4 to my iPad... I have too many apps and have to flip through screens constantly and I want the quick menu and save states...

HURRY UP!!! :(

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
^ ^ ^ ^
Can we at least get some spam that makes sense? Lol

But anyways. I totally agree, I can't wait for Multi-Tasking. I'm sooo tempted to jailbreak now to use Backgrounder and unjailbreak when iOS4 hits.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If it made sense, it wouldn't be spam. Hrmm...after some thought, if it made sense it wouldn't be a typical forum post either! ;)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Back to topic... I also cant wait to have 4.0 so I can have folder. Would like to emilnate having several screens of apps

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
i am also waiting for 4.0 so,i can do some multitasking .
Yeah, I *never* use Pandora or Slacker on my iPad precisely because of the lack of multitasking. It feels like such a waste using this big bastard for just that. Actually, the mono tasking is just frustrating. At least we can play iTunes audio in the background.

But I absolutely agree about the frustration of going from a multitasking smartphone (a Palm Pre, in my case) to a mono tasking tablet.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm also looking forward to all if these mentioned as well as universal inbox. I've gotten spoiled now on my iPhone and I get annoyed switching through my accounts.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
the weird thing is, when Jobs was showing off iOS4 and talking about the features, they mentioned it would be released for the iPad in the Fall of 2010, but when they talked about Multitasking they did NOT list the iPad as having it. It could have been an oversight, but there has not been any sort of comment that has cleared that up yet.

kittykatta

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The lack of iOS4 for iPad just makes me feel like this new "revolution" was a cash grab. No camera, no iMovie, very VERY few 1st party app updates and we have to wait several months for iOS4?

(BTW. If iOS4 for iPad has new exclusive features i'll be okay with waiting. But if it's the same thing as the iPhone update then I just don't get the delay)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I too am eagerly awaiting the update. It has been very difficult moving between the iPhone 4 and the iPad .. The screen clarity alone is frustrating. I suspect eventually we will see an iPad with Retina Display & Front Facing Camera, however in the mean time hurry up and get us iOS 4 ..

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday, I did what I told myself I wouldn't do. I jailbroke my iPad. I was tired of starting over in every APP I opened. Backgrounder = Amazing.

As soon as iOS4 hits iPad, I'm restoring.

drummersteve

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping they implement multitouch in a big way, at least for multitasking. Especially with the new trackpad bringing multitouch to desktops. I can imagine swiping four fingers down the screen to bring up expos?-style multi tasking. We can only dream.

Drag Bunt

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 4 has 512MB of ram. The iPad - 256MB. Multitasking would likely run like a slug on the current iPad. Have to wait for iPad 2. Get your wallets out.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 4 has 512MB of ram. The iPad - 256MB. Multitasking would likely run like a slug on the current iPad. Have to wait for iPad 2. Get your wallets out.
Backgrounder works like a charm on the iPad. I don't need anything to be "running" in the background. Save states work for me. I just hate, "closing this, waiting for this to load, closing that, waiting for the next app to load."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox