iBooks-Dictionary Question

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
When I download a book from iBooks the dictionary works fine. When I import my own epub book that I created via Calibre or from a PDF file, I can read the book in iBooks, make all changes, ie. font, brightness, etc. but the dictionary does not work. Any suggestions? Is there a setting somewhere in iTunes I am missing?

Thanks.

Zer0

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
This happened to me as well after the update, open the epub file with winzip or stuffit on a mac inside open the file content.opf you are looking for the tag
<dc:language>UND</dc:language> change that to <dc:language>EN</dc:language> and then save zip all the files backup and rename the extension back to epub. Then make sure you remove the books from your device go into ibooks then add them back to your device and dictionary should now work.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Cool SPAM!
Anyone? Have a solution?

A solution to the SPAM is to report it so that myself or one of the other mods can delete it and ban the person. Its impossible for us to patrol every single thread and delete the SPAM right away, UNLESS it is reported.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
A solution to the SPAM is to report it so that myself or one of the other mods can delete it and ban the person. Its impossible for us to patrol every single thread and delete the SPAM right away, UNLESS it is reported.

I know it's off topic on this thread, but just wanted to say that I've reported a couple of spam comments that were handled immediately! Great job guys! I really like this group and I've learned a lot.

Reactions: jhamilton3

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal