Yahoo push problems on the ipad

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have set up my yahoo on my ipad but the push doesn't seem to be working correctly. I am signed up yahoo plus so that shouldn't be an issue. I've deleted the account and set it up again. I have everything set up for push. I've turned off the iPad with both soft and hard resets. I send emails to my yahoo acct and I never get them unless I go into the actual mail app and that's when it starts searching for it. I have MobileMe set up and I don't have this issue with the MobileMe. That gets pushed right away to my iPad. Can anyone provide any insight????:confused::confused::confused:

richxps

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Are you using a airport port extreme base station ? the new dual band one ? I am and i have issues with push as well but when i change the radio mode from automatic to say 802.11n only than it works.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Yahoo mail cannot be pushed to the iPad like it can for the iPhone. When you set up the yahoo account you only get options for manual or fetch. The push option is not available. I have yahoo plus. I haven't come across a good reason why this is the case it's just the way it is. You can set it up to fetch at 15 min intervals if you need your mail at frequent intervals.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
@ richxps I am not using an airport extreme. I have a linksys router. @minimo3 I have yahoo plus as well and my in the settings my iPad does give me an option for push. I even went to the apple store and spoke with someone at the genius bar and he even said the iPad should be pushing just like the iPhone. He had no explanation as why it wasn't working properly. I will say however that after the latest update my iPad has been pushing yahoo with NO issues. Sometimes I even here it go off on my iPad BEFORE my iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2