Magical Moments

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So everyone is always arguing whether the iPad is "Magical" or not. I personally think it is a person to person thing. So have you had that magical moment?

I had the moment when my 55 year old father asked me about buying one. So let me explain why this is magical, my dad is a mechanic and has never used a computer in his life. He just got a cellphone 2 years ago, it's a dummy flip phone and he doesn't enter numbers in the phone he dials them each time. I'm a network admin, my younger brother is a computer junkie and my younger brother has used computers since he was four. So in other words when I lived there had 8 computers between the three of us. So with all those computers, laptops and a netbook my dad has never asked and constantly scoffed at the laptops and netbook. So it was definately magical when he looked at me and asked where he could buy an iPad, how much it was and if he could have one with internet on it(3G) or if he can use the internet at work(Wifi).

MrCippy

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
My magical moment was when I realized I could carry just my iPad and not worry about carrying my MBP to work and school.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
My magical moment was when I realized the iPad offered nothing I didn't already have. So I sold it and bought something I really needed.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
So everyone is always arguing whether the iPad is "Magical" or not. I personally think it is a person to person thing. So have you had that magical moment?

I had the moment when my 55 year old father asked me about buying one. So let me explain why this is magical, my dad is a mechanic and has never used a computer in his life. He just got a cellphone 2 years ago, it's a dummy flip phone and he doesn't enter numbers in the phone he dials them each time. I'm a network admin, my younger brother is a computer junkie and my younger brother has used computers since he was four. So in other words when I lived there had 8 computers between the three of us. So with all those computers, laptops and a netbook my dad has never asked and constantly scoffed at the laptops and netbook. So it was definately magical when he looked at me and asked where he could buy an iPad, how much it was and if he could have one with internet on it(3G) or if he can use the internet at work(Wifi).

Thats a great story ... :)

Hope he enjoys his new ipad ...

Fresh1

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks yeah he's got it but my brother has to go with him on the weekend to setup the Wifi at his work. He's got the 3G incase they stop offering Wifi at work, then my brother and I have to teach him to search on the web. He intends to use it to search information and databases for tools, problems, parts, etc. for different cars he's working on. He saw one of the younger mechanics use his cellphone to do it and he was intrigued by how much information the guy could find.

Alli netbooks=teh suck LOL I couldn't stand my netbook had to sell it to buy my iPad.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You must have had a sucky netbook.

Now stop with the old people bashing - your father's my age. Tsk!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've tried three and they all sucked but that is just my opinion I know people love them and i see the use. I'm not bashing at all I'm just saying he's so into it that he wants to learn where as before he would laugh when we brought a laptop or the netbook into the room.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
my magical moment was when i hesitated to buy the iPad on apples site so i backed down, 2 days later, i had it in my shopping cart again and i felt the hesitation ready to kick in so my finger quickly pressed the "pay" button and bang! i ended up with an iPad which is the best thing i've done since coming to the Apple World over a year ago... :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
my magical moment was when i hesitated to buy the iPad on apples site so i backed down, 2 days later, i had it in my shopping cart again and i felt the hesitation ready to kick in so my finger quickly pressed the "pay" button and bang! i ended up with an iPad which is the best thing i've done since coming to the Apple World over a year ago... :)

Welcome to the darkside muhahaha

Joletzring

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
My magical moment

I experienced something truly magical with the iPad. My wife and I were at a restaurant that was very busy. We had to wait over an hour in line to be seated. Our 3.5 year old daughter was with us.

The iPad was magical. We gave it to your daughter and allowed her to play games on it. Magically, she stayed quiet and did not bug us about how long the wait at the restaurant was. This allowed my wife and I to drink several margaritas.

When we were finally seated my wife and I had multiple margaritas and we were feeling good. Our daughter was happy with he iPad. Now that is magical.

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
Watching my daughter really get into Uzo. Simple but before I knew it she was using all 10 fingers on the iPad screen.

Mriley1058

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
My mom recently bought the 32gb wifi for my step-dad for his birthday. She called me while she was setting it up and said she thought it was broken because there were white streaks on the screen. After she sent me a picture of what she was talking about I laughed. It was the "stars" along the top of the default wallpaper. Truly magical!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73