Moving Around Icons on iPad

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This may be an incredibly stupid question, but every single time I go in to the Apple store or Best Buy and try out an iPad, I can't move the icons by holding my finger down on one. Why is this? Are you not able to move icons on the iPad? I'm confused.

TIA

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
No idea. Mine move just fine. Nothing that I can see in settings. Maybe they have some software on them for demo purpose and it doesn't allow that so customers cannot delete the icons from the ipad? Not too sure.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
No idea. Mine move just fine. Nothing that I can see in settings. Maybe they have some software on them for demo purpose and it doesn't allow that so customers cannot delete the icons from the ipad? Not too sure.

Oh Ok. Cause I was getting a little worried that the iPad didn't even allow you to move icons around. LMAO

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Jello...the store models do not allow you to move the icons. As stated they do so so customers can't accidentally delete the icons. I asked the same question at an Apple store when it first came out.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This may be an incredibly stupid question, but every single time I go in to the Apple store or Best Buy and try out an iPad, I can't move the icons by holding my finger down on one. Why is this? Are you not able to move icons on the iPad? I'm confused.

TIA

Yeah noticed that too before I got mine but figured it was in demo mode because there were a couple other features we couldn't do as well. They have just slipped my mind right now damnit :(