iPads are everywhere

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't long ago that you could barely go into a store and see one on display, let alone see one out in the "wild". Just last week I went on vacation to Mexico and it seemed that Apple was given iPads away. There were at least 10-15 on the plane and when I got to my resort I saw quite a few people in the lobby every morning on their iPads. (I of course being one of "them" :D )

I guess people aren't as "scared/nervous" to take them outside their homes anymore.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Well I got mines the other day and I've been takingbit to work everyday since. Just in case I want to use it for anything. I love it. And the fact that its so small doesn't even bother me to carry it back and forth.

bigjara

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I saw my first one in the wild last week. I am in college so this fall i expect to see a lot of students with iPads. I know my school gave away iPod Touches to the honor students. I wonder if they will start giving away iPads.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't see iPads!!!

Well I've still only seen the one guy on my train in to work with one. I haven't seen another one in about a month now:confused: So either all Canadians bought the Wifi version or I'm just not in the right places.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Only time I've seen iPads is when I go to the
Apple store. I think I remember seeing one
person, in the city (NYC) had it in a case using
it. I saw think because I can't remember, but
I was busy doing something and didn't pay
much attention to it.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I still have ever only seen one iPad in the wild, but last weekend, a family member shocked me by whipping out an iPad. Another family member's significant other bought one, but she wasn't there. That's the fewest degrees of separation that I've experienced in quite a while between me and other ipad owners.

zisel77

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, ipad is everwhere.
I love my iPad. It has almost completely replaced my personal computer. For the things I do... Is is perfect! Much nicer than any CPU I have ever owned. All my other computers would do a lot of things I would never use it for, and do it painfully in the process (slow, buggy, etc.). When you get down to what you do most on you personal computer... the iPad does almost all of the things an average user needs, and with a much much nicer U/I. Easy of use, fast, and efficient. The other computer manufacturers could learn a thing or two from this, but even if they do... they will probably screw-up the one they come out with by adding all the crap back in again. Ugggggg!!!!

Mister869

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Not where I live. I think I am the only one taking the iPad out into the wild. I take/use mine everywhere all the time.

I become the center of attention when others notice me using it.

"is that one of those iPad things". It used to be kind of cool, but know is getting a bit annoying. I spend have of my lunch hour (which I intended to be reading on my iPad) demo-ing it to strangers.

It is magical!

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Similar experience, here. Sometimes, you just want to enjoy the device, not be inundated with questions. It's not awful, but it can be inconvenient.

What really bugs me is when people see me using it with some headphones on, then walk over and start talking as if I should 1) hear them and 2) welcome their interruption.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
was on the plan two days ago, I sat in the front area. All of us in the front seat had them. People kept stopping by and asking about them.

When I was in the airport sitting waiting to get on the plane. People would come sit next to me and eventually start asking me what I thought. I was honest, I thought it was something I didn't need, until I got one, and i can't imagine being without one.

happycamping

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
I haven't seen that many out in the wild (except mine of course). People always stop me and ask me about it if I have one...

Husband told me last night that I have been plastered to my ipad since I got it when it came out...is there any way to not be plastered to this magical device?!?! Love it! Anxious to see more people have one so more apps appear!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well after 2 months I finally saw 1 other person with 1 on the train ride to work. So since iPhone 7 is out this Friday I think there will be less of a chance of seeing them but maybe when I go to Potugal in a week.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Only other iPad I've seen was someone sitting in the mall. Granted this was outside of an Apple Store so I don't know if that counts. Lol.

driftshot

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't see to many around my town but I see a lot when I am arounda few coffee shops and book stores in North Dallas. Seems a lot of business people like to carry them.

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
A few weeks ago, I was out of the country and I was surprised to see bunch of people using iPad in that country thinking it was in Asia and I dont believe that Apple has released the iPad in that country yet. They were actually stalls that were selling it and I was like " how the heck are they getting this into this country?".