Wifi keeps disconnecting

freyaheart

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I keep having this weird problem with my iPad. I'll be using safari, looking trough the app store or playing fearmville and a box will pop up saying I have the wrong wifi password. Which is impossible because it was working moments ago.

I have an appointment at the genius bar on Monday. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there something wrong with my iPad?

All my other devices (MacBook, iPhone, wii ect) all share the same network and they work fine. I don't think it's my network/base station. I'm going to take it to Panera to use their wifi to see if it does the same thing. Granted Panera's wifi doesn't take a password.

I don't know what I should do.

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
This is a known issue with the 3G iPad that is supposed to be addressed whenever they do an OS update for it. Happens to me every once in a while at home. If you don't have the 3G iPad, then I'm afraid I have no idea what is happening.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I keep having this weird problem with my iPad. I'll be using safari, looking trough the app store or playing fearmville and a box will pop up saying I have the wrong wifi password. Which is impossible because it was working moments ago.

I have an appointment at the genius bar on Monday. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there something wrong with my iPad?

All my other devices (MacBook, iPhone, wii ect) all share the same network and they work fine. I don't think it's my network/base station. I'm going to take it to Panera to use their wifi to see if it does the same thing. Granted Panera's wifi doesn't take a password.

I don't know what I should do.

Something similar happens with mine. It was far more annoying BEFORE I realized that I could click "cancel" instead of retyping it over and over. Give it a shot.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
knocks on wood

I have a 3G and I've used it on my Wifi, work, GF's, Starbucks and have never had any problem. You might try rebooting the Wifi even if you don't think it's the cause. You could also try reloading the OS if you haven't tried that since you bought it. I had to reload mine when I bought it for issues with the browser.

vicky222114

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Fix IPad WiFi Disconnect Issue

yes, iPad wifi problems still need solution.

From the web i get some ways to fix the ipad wifi disconnect issue, you can :

Turn off Wi-Fi before sleeping. Princeton says users should navigate to Settings -> Wi-Fi and turn off Wi-Fi before pressing the sleep/wake (lock) button, then turn Wi-Fi back on after waking the iPad.

dnorth86#AC

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to Reset your Network Settings? Mine did it until I did the software update, reset the settings, and rebooted. Now it works great!

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problems, but when Apple came out with the latest software update a month or so ago, it fixed mine.

ilurk

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
still have this problem for my ipad... even with the latest software update :( any other "tricks" out there that could fix this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1