How's your iPad battery?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So how do you like the battery life on your iPad? When I got mine I ran it for 3 days until it had less than 20%. I had just gotten it so I was setting everything up apps, music, video, email accounts. Then I started web browsing, emails, watched a couple videos, tweeting. Now that I hooked up the 3G I can get 2 days which I think is pretty good :D I'm probably a light user during the week because I'm at work on my laptop half the day. So I use it for Words with Friends(Gaming), web browsing, emails, tweets. I charged it on Tuesday night used it all day Wednesday and then all day Thursday and charged it Thursday night at 23% :D I also have been trying to see if it's more stable turning it off at night if I'm not charging it. I don't need the alarm like I do my phone. So how's your battery life? Wifi or 3G? and what is your usage habits like?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Consistent 3G browsing on and off since early this morning and I've got half a full charge left. It's great.

Wifi is better. Music playing with no data transfer is better still. No complaints.

This is one of the things people leave out, most times, when criticizing the value of this device.

aser713

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
I definitely cannot complain about the battery life. I last the entire day with heavy usage on my iPad 3G. Usually come home with about 20% left which is plenty. Charging every day is a must for me though.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Action!!!

What about movies? have you guys watched any? how was the battery while it played. Yeah I think alot of people don'realize how good the battery is :D The instant on is definately a killer thing I love that it's ready to go whenever I'm ready.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
What about movies? have you guys watched any? how was the battery while it played. Yeah I think alot of people don'realize how good the battery is :D The instant on is definately a killer thing I love that it's ready to go whenever I'm ready.

At the end of the work day, when nearly everyone's gone, I may watch a TV show or movie on my iPad. I've watched two movies and one TV show and it only dropped the battery percent from something like 92% to low 80's, maybe upper 70's. I know it wasn't that much compared to how long I watched video. Plus, it had been used a lot during the day with email and Internet.

Pereflienia

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
ArtMarketCatalog directory - smArt Navigator ?

ArtMarketCatalog com/]ArtMarketCatalog directory will provide you with high-quality information about modern art market, auctions, artists, art market intelligence, art insiders, pricing, art market news, art auction news, Bonistics and Faleristics, art trends, and supply an service for placing your art ads and art advertising This service is highly-demanded for art dealers, art collectors, antiquarians, artists, museum workers, booksellers, numismatists, gallerists, auctioneers, art market analysts, philatelists, stamp-collectors, cultured men

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I find myself doing one thing or another with it all day. I'm checking email or paying bills or reading blogs and I watch netflix. The battery is so incredible! I've watched multiple movies in a day when I was sick in bed and the battery hung in there. I'm definitely impressed!

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I want an iPad so bad, but the battery life is my #1 concern. What is the usual lasting time?
I'm surprised you haven't heard, but every iPad review I've heard and read applauds the battery life. That matches my own experience, as well. Ten to fifteen hours or so, depending on what you're doing.

If you're completely offline, the screen is off, and you're just playing music, it wont die on its own. You may just have to kill it. :)

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I left WiFi connected, 3G on, and screen off on my desk for 3 days (everything idle, but did receive emails through push). I came back and it was only at 94%.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The iPad battery is something that is absolutely amazing. I carry mine all day and, even though I am a WiFi only user, I stay connected even when I am out and about with a mobile hotspot (phone). I use this thing all day long. My runtime is at the end of the first day, heavy use, im at 60%. That gets me through the second day no problem and im at 20% by the time I get home the second day. This trumps any experience ive ever had with a laptop. That just my .02. Deuces.