iPad USB mounting: How useful?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I like that I can drop files on my iPad by connecting it to my pc via USB, but I don't see *any* apps that can access files from the USB partition (if that's the right word for it). Maybe that's because they can't or maybe it will happen once developers have had more time. I suspect it's the former, but please feel free to correct me.

So, how useful is this feature? Does it just allow one to use the iPad like a giant, battery-powered USB drive or does it do more?

When I want to view Office files, comic books, photos or anything else it would be great to be able to drop them on the iPad via USB and have the apps see them and show them to me. Proprietary stuff could remain inaccessible/invisible to that drive and I'd think everyone would be happy.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
there are webapps for that

I'm not sure I understand your question exactly but if you do want to view files on the iPad one solution is to use a web based app like Dropbox.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your question exactly but if you do want to view files on the iPad one solution is to use a web based app like Dropbox.

The iPad can be used like a portable USB drive, like my Palm Pre. With my Pre, if I put music on the Pre that way, I can play those songs on the device. If I put any files on the iPad by plugging it in as a USB drive (not using iTunes) I don't seem to be abler to play or use them on the device...so what is the value of it except for plain old storage?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
No one?

I'm surprised (and also surprised by how dead this forum is, despite the number of iPads that have been sold).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner