iBooks

angelababy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
?We?ve put a selector right up top, you can select PDFs, you get a whole new bookshelf. They just look gorgeous,? Steve said.
All these goodies will be available later this month, so hold your horses, there are a few more weeks before you can get your hands on these.

wait,wait,wait... Why does Apple always hoist our appetite?

PwettyBird

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Depends on how new the book is. I paid $12 for one and $14 for another. Love reading on my iPad !!

Thanks! The prices don't look too bad. It would be about the price you would pay at a local bookstore. I kinda wish I had an Ipad, but my iphone will do :) I love to read.

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! The prices don't look too bad. It would be about the price you would pay at a local bookstore. I kinda wish I had an Ipad, but my iphone will do :) I love to read.

Right, but some people have a huge problem with that.

The reason the price is so high on books at your local bookstore, is because of proofing, print / production, distribution / shipping, storage, display, the wages involved for employees to setup and sell those books, etc etc.

Digital distribution has NONE of those costs. Instead, the entire process is automated once a single epub is produced, and it pobably costs apple ~0.0000001? per book, for the bandwidth used.

Those savings should be passed down to the customer. Not pocketed. ;)

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Right, but some people have a huge problem with that.

The reason the price is so high on books at your local bookstore, is because of proofing, print / production, distribution / shipping, storage, display, the wages involved for employees to setup and sell those books, etc etc.

Digital distribution has NONE of those costs. Instead, the entire process is automated once a single epub is produced, and it pobably costs apple ~0.0000001? per book, for the bandwidth used.

Those savings should be passed down to the customer. Not pocketed. ;)

I sure wish the prices would come down! It's sooo much cheaper for them and our options to resell like a regular book or to loan are gone with this option. It doesn't seem right. I can resell a new book that I have read and get some of my money back, but not with an ebook. I would even accept if they made more (actually all) of the ebooks borrowable.

keryy

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBookstore, where you can download the latest best-selling books or your favorite classics ? day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages.

BrotherNov

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBookstore, where you can download the latest best-selling books or your favorite classics ? day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages.

Sounds great, but I have a noob problem. I have 8 books on my ipad, and the ibboks app, but the books dont appear on the shelf in the ibboks app. how do I get them in there?

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sounds great, but I have a noob problem. I have 8 books on my ipad, and the ibboks app, but the books dont appear on the shelf in the ibboks app. how do I get them in there?

The book shelf will only show books you bought in the iBook store. If you bought it from the Kindle app or the Barnes and Nobile app, they will only show up in the respected app.

BrotherNov

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
The book shelf will only show books you bought in the iBook store. If you bought it from the Kindle app or the Barnes and Nobile app, they will only show up in the respected app.

What about books I purchased from the iTunes store before I downloaded iBooks? I can't figure out how to get them in there. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2