How Much Protection is Enough on Bikes?

mrguilt

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi!

Trying to decide if I can have my iPad with me when I bike commute. I have a backpack I currently use to carry clothes, notebooks, etc. the part against my back is fairly well padded (it was designed to also carry laptops). The iPad would, in some sort of padded case, go in that compartment (closest my back), followed by a notebook and clothes in that compartment. My lock (a cable lock) would be in the outermost compartment.

With the clothes in the middle, I don't think the lock will bounce against the iPad too much. However, do you think I'm OK biking to/from work in this configuration, or do I need to do something extra?

The iPad doesn't have to come with me--just nice to have. Also, I'm looking to keep it safe on normal runs--if I get in an accident, I'll likely have bigger worries.

Last edited:

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like you'll be fine. I'd say that the notebook is the weak link there, not the iPad (which seems to be incredibly sturdy). I chuck mine in my backpack or diaper bag in just the Apple Case all the time. My 40-lb toddler has even walked on the iPad screen (and not gently either) to no ill effect.

9ki

Apr 22, 2010
www.9000ipadwallpapers.info
It sounds to me like it would be fine just inside a normal carrying case while you have it in the back pack. Considering the compartment was designed for laptops to begin with. The laptop bag I had came with about 2 inches of firm, but flexible padding around the laptop compartment, it would have been more than enough to save an iPad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2