Cell Phone with iPad?

psi_star_psi

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't care how big it is (well, sort of), I would still love to make the iPad my wireless telephone device. It probably sounds stupid, but I couldn't care less.

Has anyone looked into porting the code for SMS/MMS, phone, and voicemail from the iPhone IPSW over to the iPad?

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
True. But i use an app, atomic browser, if i want to open a lot of tabs and don't want them to reload again and again when i switch tabs. There's a free one in the app store and a paid version. It's pretty neat and since then i rarely use my phone browser.

I use Atomic Browser as well. I like it because you can tell it to emulate several different web browsers, Firefox, Safari, IE 6,7 or 8, and a few others.It has helped me with certain sites that don't like Safari.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
True. But i use an app, atomic browser, if i want to open a lot of tabs and don't want them to reload again and again when i switch tabs. There's a free one in the app store and a paid version. It's pretty neat and since then i rarely use my phone browser.
Thanks. I just downloaded it the full version. I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it.

I didn't see anything in the description of features that mentioned the lack of auto-reload, but I took the leap, anyway. *fingers crossed*

jmpetra

May 29, 2010
www.facebook.com
totally agree, I have my iPhone and iPad and no more laptop. I use VNC on the iPad to log into my office, the iPhone is just too small for that. I take pix with the iPhone and up load them to Evernote. This includes, pix of business cards, notes and other data. Then I use the iPad to sort them, tag them display them. I always had a laptop with me, but rarely used it due to the slow start up and access. iPad instant on has changed all of that. I usually leave the iPad in the vehicle and have my iPhone in my pocket for calls, pix, notes, texts, email, etc.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site

I cannot recommend Atomic Web browser. It reloads a webpage whenever I leave the app. And even then, it doesn't even return EVERY tab that was open before.

Very annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2