Kindle Books

harland

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea how much hard drive space is taken up with the typical 400-500 page book using the Kindle app on the iPad? The Kindle holds about 1500 books, in order to have a lot of hard drive left over after downloading the books on the Kindle that I have not read yet and additional books in the future, it would help to know if I need to buy the 64 Gig hard drive on the iPad or could I make do with lesser?

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
Well I promise you the iPad will have a bigger hard drive than the kindle. I have kindle app on my iPad and only have one book at a time on it. Just keep what you don't need in the cloud and only what you actually reading on your device. However after i finish this book Ill be switching to apples ebook.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I wouldn't consider that a factor in picking storage. They don't take up much space at all.

Really, the only thing i'd want 64gb for is if i'm going to put a lot of HD movies or video on it. With all the streaming options, i probably wouldn't even use it for that.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I wouldn't consider that a factor in picking storage. They don't take up much space at all.

Really, the only thing i'd want 64gb for is if i'm going to put a lot of HD movies or video on it. With all the streaming options, i probably wouldn't even use it for that.
I agree. Books take surprisingly little space. Music and Movies are the big memory consumers.

Moreover, all of my book readers support a personal bookshelf in the cloud. I have about fifty books on my iPhone with another 250 in the cloud. Retrieving a book from the cloud takes only tens of seconds.

Browsing a real, as opposed to virtual, book store one day, I found a paperback on the shelf that I wanted to read it. I found it in a virtual bookstore, purchased it, and downloaded it while my nephew was standing in line trying to pay for a paperback. True story.

A colleague sent me an announcement of his new book yesterday. I asked him if it was available in electronic form (even one book is too heavy). He responded that he had hoped that it would be available as an e-book on the publication date but that I would have to wait until next week (May 20) for it to show up on Kindle.

One feature of the Kindle reader that I really like is that it keeps me on the same page of the book across all of my devices. I can switch between using my PCs, my iPhone, and my iPad to read a Kindle book. "Kindle in the cloud" (maybe its that little kid sitting in the Kindle tree) always knows what page of the book I am on.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea how much hard drive space is taken up with the typical 400-500 page book using the Kindle app on the iPad? The Kindle holds about 1500 books, in order to have a lot of hard drive left over after downloading the books on the Kindle that I have not read yet and additional books in the future, it would help to know if I need to buy the 64 Gig hard drive on the iPad or could I make do with lesser?
"Data expands to fill the storage available to put it in."

When I synched my new iPad, I had about 32G of data. I expect that next year, when Apple ships the iPad2 with 128G, I will have used most of the 64G.

Zizanie

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I've downloaded kindle books to my iCloud iPad: does that mean I won't have their data applied to my iPad account until I transfer them to my iPad or read them in the cloud or what?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77