Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

15 Posts

Default Syncing iPad without the iPhone apps?

I was wondering if there was a way to sync your iPad to your computer on iTunes without it loading all my other apps, specifically iPhone apps? I just rather keep the iphone apps separate from my iPad apps... just curious.. Thanks for any response!

iMore Expert

885 Posts
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts

When you plug the iPad into the computer and it opens in iTunes click on the actual iPad icon on the left menu bar and when that opens on the top tabs select applications. From there you can select which apps you would like to be synced with your iPad.
    iPhone Newbie

10 Posts

Default Yes

Just click the Applications tab while the iPad is connected to iTunes. Check only the ones you want.
    iPhone Intermediate

105 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

i think he was looking for an automated "sync only universal binary and iPad only apps" button, but unfortunatly there is not one. Would love to see this functionality in a future iTunes release. Couldn't be too much code to throw in.
    iMore Pro

741 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,963 Global Posts

Seriously, what the hell is apple doing. iTunes separates iPad, iPhone and iTouch apps and combines those that cross over. Why the heck should I have to manage everyone. Some say HD, some have iPad in the name, but not all do. This is a bug in iTunes and Apple should address it.