Picture management (face detection, geotag...)

Tylerdurden13

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello

I am quite interested in the iPad, but I qques questions without answers on the management of pictures.

In applying the picture there are 4 tabs (Photos, Albums, Events, Faces and Places).
I understand that some tabs (Events, Faces and Places) don't show on some iPad ...

Apparently you need a Mac and iPhoto to be able to have the Events and Faces tabs, for the detection and classification of Faces not handled by the iPad. Can you confirm?

What is it for "Places"?
Should we also have a Mac and iPhoto or should it just be geotag pictures to view them in "Places" tab ?

That can tell me what he can do with the Photos application during a sync iTunes with a PC?
Besides this must be the same thing with the iPhone OS4.

Thank you in advance.

bcaslis#IM

Jun 18, 2002
caslis.com
Places is for a Mac and iPhoto (or Aperture also) and it creates places (like faces) based on geotagging in the picture. Sorry, can't answer about a PC. I don't allow those in my house. :D

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
You need to have synced photos from iPhoto to enable these features. Places uses geotagging but it does not sort the photos by places unless they are synced with iPhoto first.

Tylerdurden13

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You are sure about the 'places'?
It means that the iPad would be unable to recognize himself a geotag photo which would be imported via the SD slot or USB? This process is only made with iPhoto? It is a simple tag that can be found in the EXIF properties of everyone picture, it would really mad that the iPad cannot do this himself!

When you import picture by USB or SD, in witch album are there stored?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2