20MB download limit per item on iPad 3G

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi. I tried to download The "small" version of the TWiT video netcast but the iPad 3G said I would have to use a wifi network to download it,since the file was more than 20MB in size.

Have any of you had a similar experience?

I thought it was odd considering the fact that iTunes has movies and tv shows, many of which I would expect to be at least 20MB in size.

bcaslis#IM

Jun 18, 2002
caslis.com
The iPhone has had this restriction for a long time. I have not tried this explicitly on the iPad but I would expect this to be the same.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
But yet the ipad isn't supposed to be a big iphone right? Glad those expectations are still the same.

Mittens the kittens

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the same error last night when i went to go download a game from the app store and said it was more than 20mb and that i had to be on wifi if i wanted to download said item.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
So if i bought a laptop/netbook with an internal at&t data card, these same limitations apply? Video is downgraded and all that? Just curious..

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
This limit is pretty bothersome when one considers that some people will probably choose 3G in part because they have limited access to wifi... Or maybe limited access during the day.

One would think that a wireless, always on connection would easily replace wifi, in EVERY way. It would be quite shocking and disappointing to find out this is not the case...after having bought a $500+ device and having signed up for a $30 web plan.

And then, there is the ABC app, wifi-only limitation (which, to be fair, is probably ABC's issue, not Apple's). It's really too bad, considering how much credit ABC got for beating the other networks to the iPad punch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2