iPad 3G Is Lighter

John-Fox

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Anyone glad this is the case? Is the back plastic on the 3G iPad? Is this old news and I am just way behind on 3G iPad factoids?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Anyone glad this is the case? Is the back plastic on the 3G iPad? Is this old news and I am just way behind on 3G iPad factoids?

First I've heard of this. Highly doubtful a tiny piece of plastic will weigh more than it's aluminum counterpart.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
From the specs I've read, the vanilla iPad is supposed to weight 1.5 lbs, while the iPad 3G is supposed to weight 1.6 lbs. Seems like the difference would be negligible.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I've heard people say they think its too heavy for holding for a while. I find that it doesnt bother me and never feel like its too heavy.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I haven't bitten the bullet yet, but while playing around with the iPad at the Apple store, I did think it felt heavy, but wondered if that was just because I'm so used to holding the iPhone. My kids thought it felt fine-so fine that they think we should buy an iPad for every member of the family, lol.

Last edited:

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm usually fine with the weight, except for the time when I was laying down reading off it and fell asleep. It dropped from my hands, but before hitting the bed, it smacked me in the face. It was heavy then :D

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I'm usually fine with the weight, except for the time when I was laying down reading off it and fell asleep. It dropped from my hands, but before hitting the bed, it smacked me in the face. It was heavy then :D

I suggest wearing a helmet when you go to bed reading your iPad ;)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

Next Apple Lawsuit "My iPad Broke My Nose!". :p