I was just censored by Apple

Flagatorfan

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
My post at Apple ipad forums was just removed. Here's what I said.

"I just don't get why Apple would want us all to visit Amazon to find a book. The only useful search in ibooks is if you already know the title of the book you want. Other than that, you are limited to the 15 books or so in each category. That's ridiculous. Sometimes I simply like to browse. Why doesn't Apple get this? They do the same thing in the ipad app store. You better know what app you want (although there isn't really any other place to learn about them) or you aren't finding it. If Kindle spruces up their ipad app, its sionara ibooks."

Unreal.

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I agree. It's this way with apps too at the ipad store and unless the app somehow featured, Hot list or notable, you just can't browse through apps to see what's out there.

There could be a really creative app that I could really use out there but because it's three weeks old and it hasn't sold enough to be in the tops...I will never be able to find this app unless I do a manual search for it.

Does Apple know what Window Shopping is??

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
i agree with you. thats why i dont have any books because i just want to browse to find ones for me but the ones they have listed i really dont want. oh well hopefully it will get better.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Having the simple feature to browse would be nice, and quite honestly, expected. If and when Apple catches up, until then, you may want to browse elsewhere until you find what you want, then see if iBooks has it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

"I just don't get why Apple would want us all to visit Amazon to find a book. The only useful search in ibooks is if you already know the title of the book you want. Other than that, you are limited to the 15 books or so in each category. That's ridiculous. Sometimes I simply like to browse. Why doesn't Apple get this? They do the same thing in the ipad app store. You better know what app you want (although there isn't really any other place to learn about them) or you aren't finding it. If Kindle spruces up their ipad app, its sionara ibooks."

Unreal.

Did you receive any message as to why it was deleted?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Diquish comments aside, I agree that the ability to browse is terribly useful. The absence of that ability is terribly frustrating.

I'm new to the iPhone OS game and had a hard time finding stuff I was actually interested in, but didn't know the precise name.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
There are rules and you broke them. Case closed. Are they a bit too extreme? Of course, but rules are rules. Forums/boards are not a democracy.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Unreal.

You were "censored" because Apple'e forum is strictly a user to user help/support forum. You are not addressing Apple there and they do not respond. They take down anything that is not a direct support question all the time, most of the time is just complaints about why X product does not do/have X feature. Read the terms of use next time. For something like that you should use Apple's official feedback channels.

Apple - iPad - Feedback

Apple - iPhone - Feedback

Last edited:

Flagatorfan

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
You were "censored" because Apple'e forum is strictly a user to user help/support forum. You are not addressing Apple there and they do not respond. They take down anything that is not a direct support question all the time, most of the time is just complaints about why X product does not do/have X feature. Read the terms of use next time. For something like that you should use Apple's official feedback channels.

Apple - iPad - Feedback

Apple - iPhone - Feedback

Yes, and I understand why they do that. They want us to address it individually with them so that we don't convince other people who might not have thought of it being an issue to agree. In other words, they would rather silence criticism of their product. They appear to be just the opposite of the liberators of big brother they espoused in their 1984 commercial.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
*sigh*

No, you don't understand why they do that. They don't silence criticism of their product. If they did, they would come here and demand your posts be removed. If they did, they would go after any tech site that posts a negative article.

You really need to stop being so dramatic. It's pathetic.

Flagatorfan

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
*sigh*

No, you don't understand why they do that. They don't silence criticism of their product. If they did, they would come here and demand your posts be removed. If they did, they would go after any tech site that posts a negative article.

You really need to stop being so dramatic. It's pathetic.

Your comments are short sighted and absurd. If you believe that a corporation as big as Apple would not attempt to control the criticism in their own domain, (I don't believe they own this website or its content, but appreciate the comparative analysis,) you need to take a course in marketing and advertising and maybe throw in some business management and economics. In their shoes, I'd probably want to do the same thing. I'm a loan officer and I don't want my client's telling other prospective client's that they could get a lower rate with another bank. Do you believe you would not be asked to leave the premises if you went into an Apple store with a Kindle and started showing it to the customers in there? So yes, I do believe part of their attempt is to minimize the amount of criticism over the products on their own website.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
You just don't get it, do you. Apple sets rules on their forums and you broke them. As a result, they deleted your post. Did your post criticize Apple? Sure. Did Apple remove your post? Yes. Does that make Apple the big, bad corporation you want to believe they are? No.

Get over yourself. Apple cleaned up their board based on their rules. As I said, if Apple were truly silencing criticism, they would do a lot more than remove your post. Sorry you got your feelings hurt by Apple, but you really need to wipe away the tears and move on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh