How will you carry your iPad around? Man-purse?

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
So, for all the people only using a sleeve or case, if you're going to be out for the day you will carry it in your hand/on your arm for hours on end? You won't want a bag of some sort?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So another question comes to mind, with the guy who lost a finger when buying his iPad and so many carrying it in hand or in a sleeve under your arm aren't you afraid someone will run past you and yank it out of your hand/arm? They should come with a 4,000 volt shock case so when someone grabs it and runs off you can activate it and teach them a small lesson ;)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
So another question comes to mind, with the guy who lost a finger when buying his iPad and so many carrying it in hand or in a sleeve under your arm aren't you afraid someone will run past you and yank it out of your hand/arm? They should come with a 4,000 volt shock case so when someone grabs it and runs off you can activate it and teach them a small lesson ;)

I prefer the .40S&W method of property retrieval.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
A good bag for this, to me, would be one that was only big enough to carry the iPad itself, a small folding stand, and maybe enough room for the wireless BT keyboard. That would be all I'd ever need when out and about. If the bag gets too big and bulky, you're kind of defeating the purpose of having an iPad in that situation in the first place (portability). Most laptop bags and backpacks would be too big for this purpose I think.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I think a good place to check for a bag would be one of the popular outdoors stores, like REI. They have all kinds of bags, large and small, and many are designed to accommodate laptops and other electronics. I may take a look for myself at my local REI, iPad in hand, to see what I can find and how well it fits :)

forgot

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've gone the sling bag route, using an "old" net book bag I own. It allows me to carry my BT keyboard, charger, and various other things. My father-in-law calls it a gadget bag, my wife calls it a murse. :-/

I've resigned myself to the fact that I have a need to be mobile almost 100% of the time, and being without something I need is not an option. It's small and light, unlike the backpack full of stuff I had when I lugged around my laptop. Plus, if I have a larger bag, I'm more tempted to put other stuff in it, defeating it's minimalist purpose.

"It's not a purse, it's a satchel. Indiana Jones had one."

nextjeter2

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
I wonder what girls r gonna do who don't carry a purse some of my friends put there phones in their bra a ipad would look very odd haha

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
I've resigned myself to the fact that I have a need to be mobile almost 100% of the time, and being without something I need is not an option. It's small and light, unlike the backpack full of stuff I had when I lugged around my laptop. Plus, if I have a larger bag, I'm more tempted to put other stuff in it, defeating it's minimalist purpose.

"It's not a purse, it's a satchel. Indiana Jones had one."

That's what I'm looking for: small to just fit an iPad, BT keyboard & iPhone.

Let me know what you find.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I have a number of leather cases, in addition to the Apple case, that I plan to use. I am putting Velcro in all of these. I have a number of lap desks. Putting Velcro on these too.

Found the following in the hardware store yesterday.

7" Clear Acrylic Plate Stand, Folds Completely Flat For Storage, Opens
SKU: 666503
Model 32-1202
UPC 25403212027
7" Clear Acrylic Plate Stand, Folds Completely Flat For Storage, Opens To 90 Degree Angle, Holds All Plates, Plaques & Pictures Between 6" To 10".
This item normally ships in 5-8 days

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
However I carry it will be an improvement over the 7 pound laptop bag that it will replace. Using Air Share, LogMeIn Ignition, Dropbox, and Evernote, I no longer need to carry a laptop. Hardly do with my iPhone.

Last edited:

Growat

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Just came across this case/bag and it kind of blew my mind with it's sexiness.

It's really just a case with a removable strap, but for those who want the ultra-minimal bag, this may be the way to go.

The updates page shows how the design has been modified to allow access to buttons and ports.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2