The official, "I finally got charged for my iPad 3G!" thread.

kbreslaw

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Saturday, 10am. No charge yet. Anyone been charged on American Express yet?

Charged mine and my wife's on AMEX. Neither charge is actually showing on my account, but I did speak with AMEX on Thursday and they said there were two charges pending. Call Customer Service.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Like JDM, my charge was showing as pending but now has been credited back to my account. I'm guessing that they are just ensuring the money is there and they will officially charge me when it ships (Monday?), but it's still pretty annoying.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
Mine got charged the other day too. Wife noticed it before I did..lol

Only downside of living in Alaska: Will it actually make it here on *the* day!?

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Yes i agree...this is interesting...I am sure with the hype around the promise to arrive on the 30th, I am sure they know what they are doing. I did figure by now we would have seen a "prepaired for Shipment" by now.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Mine got charged the other day too. Wife noticed it before I did..lol

Only downside of living in Alaska: Will it actually make it here on *the* day!?
Phones are delivered to FedEx under an agreement that FedEx will deliver them in all fifty states on the scheduled date. I think that you are safe.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
If Santa can do it, Apple and FedEx can too. Changed my shipping from home to work since I can't guarantee my wife will be at home or picking up the kids from school. Got immediately charged the tax difference, so now I'm fully charged for the iPad+3G. It's just a waiting game to Friday now...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
If Santa can do it, Apple and FedEx can too. Changed my shipping from home to work since I can't guarantee my wife will be at home or picking up the kids from school. Got immediately charged the tax difference, so now I'm fully charged for the iPad+3G. It's just a waiting game to Friday now...

I have heard and also read that it is not a good idea to change shipping address with pre orders. Something about how it gets placed in as a new order and you end up on the bottom of the list. Even if you were an early pre orderer...

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone else who had their charge removed over the weekend get charged again yet? I'm vaguely concerned that something is wrong, and knowing that other people are having the same issue would calm my nerves.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Did anyone else who had their charge removed over the weekend get charged again yet? I'm vaguely concerned that something is wrong, and knowing that other people are having the same issue would calm my nerves.

For what it's worth, I know my debit card was charged at the end of last week because my credit union called to verify the charge (since it was unusually large and outside my normal buying patterns). Since that time, I still haven't seen the charge appear on my account, so I'm just patiently waiting, just like you. :)

ic22

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
Charges hit my account also?..

Charges hit my account also today, I also called Apple because i couldn't check on the status and I was told all shipments will hit on Friday, and they are coming from the US, as opposed to the cases which were sent from China. I assume the tracking emails will come shortly. Fingers are crossed.
:):):):)

Mazon

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Let's all take a chill pill

OK, Everybody just needs to relax, the WiFi iPads were delivered on time, no reason to think these won't be.

Tomorrow morning we should all wake up to emails of shipping conformation, and you won't be able to track your package immediately, you will have to
wait to the next day for tracking to update.

Of course, you could go wait on the porch now, bring some snacks

Apple and Fedex know what they are doing and will come thru, on time

As for those checking there online bank card every 5 minutes, go wait on the porch

Everybody needs to just calm down, HANG IN THERE BABY - FRIDAYS COMING

jtimmerm

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Still not charged or shipped, but Apple said it would arrive on Friday

I was getting nervous as my CC has not been charged and I've received no shipping notice. I need the iPad this weekend for a trip next week. I was an early orderer and got my confirmation of "late April" delivery, so thought I should have heard something to confirm a 4/30 delivery.

I called Apple just now. A very efficient young lady looked up my order and said, no, it has been shipped, and no, my CC hasn't been billed yet, but it WILL be there on Friday. She said some of the iPads (including mine) are being shipped from within the US, so they require less lead time.

Hope she's right!

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Man, I'm going absolutely NUTS waiting. Horrible, horrible torture.

I finally forced myself to stop reading iPad blogs, app reviews, etc. That was making it worse.

To top matters off, my parents, who just roll their eyes at my tech addition and are sick of hearing me describe the torture, actually WON an WiFi iPad from some radio contest. I went over there yesterday for dinner and my dad pulls out his iPad. I about had to go change my pants. He says, "Funny thing is, we got ours before you did."

Omg...TORTURE!!! At least I get to play with theirs, that helps a tiny bit.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Man, I'm going absolutely NUTS waiting. Horrible, horrible torture.

I finally forced myself to stop reading iPad blogs, app reviews, etc. That was making it worse.

To top matters off, my parents, who just roll their eyes at my tech addition and are sick of hearing me describe the torture, actually WON an WiFi iPad from some radio contest. I went over there yesterday for dinner and my dad pulls out his iPad. I about had to go change my pants. He says, "Funny thing is, we got ours before you did."

Omg...TORTURE!!! At least I get to play with theirs, that helps a tiny bit.

God damn it, that always happens to me. I want something so bad and then someone who doesn't care about it WINS one and flaunts it in front of me...
haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods