Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

Default Can you edit and save documents?

Is there a way to edit/use Word documents on the iPad yet? I have heard some issues with the export from Pages.

Is there a cloud solution like Google docs or .Mac for this?
    Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Apple 15" MBP 2.33 Ghz C2D
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,053 Global Posts

There are several way, but the two that I use are Pages and Documents to Go. So far, I haven't had any problems with Pages. But, I haven't worked on any real complicated documents. I am hoping Dataviz updates Docs to Go for the iPad screen.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I use pages quite a bit, and have signed up for the iWork.com beta. When i finish a document for class, I just click share via iWork.com and send the email that pops up to the teacher, he can then go to the link and download it as a pages file, a PDF, or a .doc file. Early reports from my teachers say that the conversion to PDF isn't perfect, but the doc files come out fine.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

The iWork.com solution sounds like one of the workarounds for the lack of direct print capability. A perfect world would permit us to print directly from the iPad using Pages or Documents to Go. Hopefully that day will come.
    Well-armed with an iPhone 4 and AT&T 4G 64GB iPad 3
    www.nakedipad.com
    Twitter: nakedipad, ibri
    TiPb Forum Staff

Global Posts
    1,898 Global Posts

Quick Office has stated they are making an iPad app. Since it integrates with a few cloud services, it might just fit your need. Of course, it hasn't been released yet...
    http://twitter.com/jamesus

If I have helped you, don't forget to tip the scales!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
    Quick Office has stated they are making an iPad app. Since it integrates with a few cloud services, it might just fit your need. Of course, it hasn't been released yet...

I use Quick Office on my Iphone and love it, I also use drop box cloud for my storage needs. I hope the makers of both will make Ipad versions of these nice programs.

KC
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

Don't you think Apple should get MobileMe to have some cloud document manipulation?!
    Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Apple 15" MBP 2.33 Ghz C2D