Is there a way to edit/use Word documents on the iPad yet? I have heard some issues with the export from Pages.

Is there a cloud solution like Google docs or .Mac for this?
    04-19-2010 10:17 PM
    There are several way, but the two that I use are Pages and Documents to Go. So far, I haven't had any problems with Pages. But, I haven't worked on any real complicated documents. I am hoping Dataviz updates Docs to Go for the iPad screen.
    04-19-2010 10:33 PM
    I use pages quite a bit, and have signed up for the iWork.com beta. When i finish a document for class, I just click share via iWork.com and send the email that pops up to the teacher, he can then go to the link and download it as a pages file, a PDF, or a .doc file. Early reports from my teachers say that the conversion to PDF isn't perfect, but the doc files come out fine.
    04-19-2010 11:43 PM
    The iWork.com solution sounds like one of the workarounds for the lack of direct print capability. A perfect world would permit us to print directly from the iPad using Pages or Documents to Go. Hopefully that day will come.
    04-20-2010 01:04 AM
    Quick Office has stated they are making an iPad app. Since it integrates with a few cloud services, it might just fit your need. Of course, it hasn't been released yet...
    04-20-2010 06:33 AM
    Quick Office has stated they are making an iPad app. Since it integrates with a few cloud services, it might just fit your need. Of course, it hasn't been released yet...

I use Quick Office on my Iphone and love it, I also use drop box cloud for my storage needs. I hope the makers of both will make Ipad versions of these nice programs.

KC
    04-20-2010 07:18 AM
    Don't you think Apple should get MobileMe to have some cloud document manipulation?!
    04-20-2010 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD