Can you edit and save documents?

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
Is there a way to edit/use Word documents on the iPad yet? I have heard some issues with the export from Pages.

Is there a cloud solution like Google docs or .Mac for this?

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
There are several way, but the two that I use are Pages and Documents to Go. So far, I haven't had any problems with Pages. But, I haven't worked on any real complicated documents. I am hoping Dataviz updates Docs to Go for the iPad screen.

derrythe

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I use pages quite a bit, and have signed up for the iWork.com beta. When i finish a document for class, I just click share via iWork.com and send the email that pops up to the teacher, he can then go to the link and download it as a pages file, a PDF, or a .doc file. Early reports from my teachers say that the conversion to PDF isn't perfect, but the doc files come out fine.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
The iWork.com solution sounds like one of the workarounds for the lack of direct print capability. A perfect world would permit us to print directly from the iPad using Pages or Documents to Go. Hopefully that day will come.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Quick Office has stated they are making an iPad app. Since it integrates with a few cloud services, it might just fit your need. Of course, it hasn't been released yet...

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Quick Office has stated they are making an iPad app. Since it integrates with a few cloud services, it might just fit your need. Of course, it hasn't been released yet...

I use Quick Office on my Iphone and love it, I also use drop box cloud for my storage needs. I hope the makers of both will make Ipad versions of these nice programs.

KC

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro