Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

423 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,045 Global Posts

Default IPad storage gripes unfair? (re: solid state drive)

When solid state drives wander into my view, they always boast near-instant boot-up and fess-up to limited storage.

Is it unfair to judge the 64 GB local storage limits of the iPad, considering the fact that we can boot, from scratch, in 10 - 15 seconds or restarting in under 30 seconds? The more I think about it, the more UNfair I think it is to compare the iPad's storage to that of a laptop with a mechanical hard drive.

Instead, I think we ought to compare it to laptops with solid state drives. They are rare, in my circles, and very expensive if you want the higher capacity storage options.

I don't claim to be an expert on such things, though. Maybe laptops with ssd's carry much more than 64 GB for, around $800?
    iPhone Newbie

35 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I agree. I love the boot up speed on this ipad. And with cloud technology improving as it is, there really is no reason to be concerned unless you use the ipad for hd videos only.