- 04-19-2010, 08:00 AM #2
- 04-19-2010, 09:54 AM #3
Received the following from Apple this am.
" Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary
We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped."
I assume that this means the last day of April but April only has thirty days. It is not May 7.
- 04-19-2010, 10:00 AM #4
- 04-19-2010, 10:24 AM #5
- 04-19-2010, 10:34 AM #6
- 04-19-2010, 11:41 AM #7iPhone Intermediate
- 137 Posts
I received the same e-mail assuring me that my unit will ship by late April. However, to be honest I only placed my order about a week and half ago.
It's unclear whether the May 7th shipping date applies to everyone, or does that date apply to any who places an order from this point on? It is not totally unreasonable to expect Apple to do a staggered rollout of the 3g units. Take care of the customers who have already pre-ordered their units and get their units shipped by late April. Those customers who place orders from this point forward would have their units shipped no later than May 7th.
Could be just wishful thinking on my part.
- 04-19-2010, 11:45 AM #8
- 04-19-2010, 12:16 PM #9
- 04-19-2010, 12:26 PM #10
- 04-19-2010, 12:35 PM #11
Just got off the phone with 1800MYAPPLE. I was calling to find out how in the world to pre-order my iPad because I was wanting to order one to pick up in person in the Apple store (versus waiting for it to ship to me). The Apple store told me that I could not preorder one for pick up until Apple released a release date. So I was caught in this can't order online to pick up in store and can't preorder in store to pick up in person until there is a release date thing...
This morning I called the store to preorder because the May 7th date was released. They wouldn't allow me to preorder. So I called 1800MYAPPLE and asked just what the heck I was supposed to do to be able to reserve one for pick up in the store since there was no release date and the store wouldn't let me reserve.
They lady basically told me two things. And yes, you're gonna have to take my word for it, so take it for what its worth.
1) The shipping date is officially "BY May 7th".
2) I then asked, "Is the May 7th date for everyone? Or for people recently ordering them like I am today?" She responded by saying, "As far as I know, it is for everyone. However, the 'by' tells me that they are planning on starting to ship them out before the May 7th date, so some people's may be shipped before May 7th, but they all will be shipped BY May 7th.
3) Shipping delivery will happen the SAME DAY that the 3G's are available in store, which she suspects will be May 8th. You won't get your iPad any faster by waiting in line at a store and you would risk not being able to take one home without a preorder.
Take all that for what it's worth. It sounds like at the absolute worst, we'll have our 3G's by May 8th, some people may get them sooner.
Oh and yes, I gave up fighting with the he said/she said order online/pick up in store garbage and just placed my order for the 3G. Man, why does this have to be SO complicated?!?
Last edited by VLennert; 04-19-2010 at 12:40 PM.
- 04-19-2010, 12:41 PM #12
Given that my "reassurance" email from Apple that I received about an hour ago states that my iPad is still scheduled to ship "late April" with Priority shipping, I'm still confident that I'll receive my iPad 3G before May 7th, and possibly even before the end of April. It's my understanding that any NEW orders, placed within the last couple days and onward, are receiving shipping commitments of May 7th. Either way, the worst-case scenario is only 2.5 weeks away.
- 04-19-2010, 12:44 PM #13
Yup, I directly got the same impression from the lady. Some people (who pre-ordered earlier) will get theirs sooner and the rest will get them shipped by May 7th. The whole staggered shipping thing makes sense...
At least we have some sort of date for the worse case scenerio, tho.
- 04-19-2010, 12:46 PM #14
- 04-19-2010, 01:12 PM #15
- 04-19-2010, 01:57 PM #16
- 04-19-2010, 02:15 PM #17
- 04-19-2010, 02:22 PM #18
- 04-19-2010, 02:25 PM #19
- 04-19-2010, 02:34 PM #20
- 04-19-2010, 02:45 PM #21
Hold your horses, turbo!
First of all, I'm a chick.
Second of all, I haven't decided yet and I have till like 3:00 PM tomorrow to decide. Decisions, decisions. I could cancel my 3G order and just live with the WiFi version for a bit, then sell it and upgrade, no? Ahhhhhhhhhh, my inpatience is KILLING me. Why oh why do I have the patience of a gnat??
What would y'all do? Seriously, if you could have a wifi in your greasy little paws today or wait until May 8th for the 3G?
Last edited by VLennert; 04-19-2010 at 02:47 PM.
- 04-19-2010, 02:49 PM #22
- 04-19-2010, 04:08 PM #23
- 04-19-2010, 04:15 PM #24
- 04-19-2010, 04:16 PM #25