ipad 3G...iphone killer?

Jaayquan

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Easy, it doesn't need to be a phone just to be something you buy instead of an iPhone. I could totally see using an iPad 3G and a feature phone or dumb phone instead of an iPhone. Not everyone can afford 2 data plans at $30/month each and a dumb phone gives you more pricing options than iPhone like no contract or prepaid. Plus if you're a light user you could (maybe) get by with the $15 plan. I wouldn't dump my iPhone for an iPad 3G with Skype, but I'd consider it for an iPad 3G plus a dumb phone.

Dyvim,

That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking about doing. My contract with ATT expires this month.
:D

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
No way. The iPhone is far superior to this ?First Generation? iPad. It?ll be a long time before the iPhone gets killed off by anything. Yet alone another apple product that isn't even what the iPhone is: a phone!

heryMeeli

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
How To Make A DIY Solar Panel

DIY Solar Panel assignments are usually actually not as tough to produce as people may imagine, take a glimpse at this particular internet site in order to discover how it is carried out.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Funny thing is that in the 80's we used to carry cellphones in suitcases because they were the size of suitcases. Do your really think we want start that kind of business again? No chance.

You might wanna run that by the Android crowd :p

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
You'd use a BT headset or speaker. You wouldn't sit and hold the ipad to your head.

Now i would need the portability of an iphone or similar, but for those who don't use a phone much, this is certainly easy to do and can save some money.

Bingo.

I use a Palm Pre. I wanted access to some of the apps that were slow to come to the Pre, but I do not want a phone from AT&T, for reasons that I won't get into on this post. With this iPad 3G, I now have access to the apps, have Internet everywhere on it and can make phone calls using the app, Line 3, and my earbuds (or the speaker).

So, to a certain extent, the iPad 3G *is* an iPhone killer, for me. Now that AT&T has shown their true colors even more, I am that much less likely to ever have any phone on their network. I am glad I got my iPad when I did.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah ummm no! Not for me. iPad is NOT an iPhone killer. Not in anyway. I don't use Skype or any of that and I'm perfectly happy with what I get out the iPhone. I would never want to HAVE to carry it around ALL the time. Not cool.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh