STILL No date for 3g Ipad?

kbreslaw

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Here's what gave me a little hope though. I ordered the iPad with the accessories that are on their way, and more than one of those accessories said "Ships in late April".

I figured it was too good to be true, but a guy can dream, can't he?

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Note to Apple and Jobs: it would be most excellent if we could associate April 15 with something other than Tax Day, like....oh.... say.... iPad 3G Release Day!

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Note to Apple and Jobs: it would be most excellent if we could associate April 15 with something other than Tax Day, like....oh.... say.... iPad 3G Release Day!

HAHA...Did you see this mornings post? about 3G being pushed till may? I threw up in my mouth a little... People are still thinking that is just for international orders though...

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
HAHA...Did you see this mornings post? about 3G being pushed till may? I threw up in my mouth a little... People are still thinking that is just for international orders though...
No. I did not see that. Can you provide a link?

All I saw was that the release of the iPad outside of the US would be delayed. I saw nothing about a delay in the shipment of the iPad 3G. In fact, what I saw reiterated "late April" for the 3G.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I was under the impression that international 3G orders will be delayed, likely based on the volume of pre-orders from the States. It's also important to note the distinction of "if I order one today"... I would hope that my pre-order from March 22 will translate into an on-time "late April" delivery. I guess I'll find out soon one way or another.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
The bulk of the question concerned whether or not the 3G orders in the US will ship on time, and so I'm leaning towards his "yes" answer being in response to that part of the email. Apple themselves confirmed yesterday that iPad 3G orders were still on track to be delivered by late April.

I'd just like to know exactly when in late April. I don't think that should be too much to ask, considering that the latter half of the month begins tomorrow.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
In my opinion, I think the longer Apple waits to announce the launch date of the 3G the more it hurts their bottom line. How many posts have we read from people who were planning to pick up a 3g but elected to pick up the less expensive Wi-fi model because it was available. Now, I'm not naive to think that some of those Wi-fi buyers won' return their purchase when 3g becomes available. But there will be some of those wi-fi buyers who simply elect to keep their purchase. So Apple loses potential revenues of $100+ per unit because folks did not want to wait for the 3g model.

Worse, you have to imagine a number of folks are making "impulse" Ipad purchases. They go into Best Buy, play around with Ipad and decide "it's cool....I just have to have one". Well in my mind, Apple needs to strike while the iron is hot...get those 3g units out there quickly. If you give potential customers a perceived long, drawn out, waiting period. They may decide to save their discretionary income and/or become frustrated and decide to forgo purchasing an Ipad.

At the end of the day I'm betting that Apple gets the 3g out by the end of April. But I think it would be in Apple's best interest to announce a date ASAP. Even if the date has slipped into May, let everyone know now. The longer you make folks wait, the less tolerant they will be if the shipping date does slip.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
In my opinion, I think the longer Apple waits to announce the launch date of the 3G the more it hurts their bottom line. How many posts have we read from people who were planning to pick up a 3g but elected to pick up the less expensive Wi-fi model because it was available. Now, I'm not naive to think that some of those Wi-fi buyers won' return their purchase when 3g becomes available. But there will be some of those wi-fi buyers who simply elect to keep their purchase. So Apple loses potential revenues of $100+ per unit because folks did not want to wait for the 3g model.QUOTE]

Additional loss of revenue may be realized when people that want the iPad NOW will purchase the WiFi version, play with it for a couple weeks, then return it on the 14th day (Apple's return policy) and pony up the 10% restocking fee and get the 3G instead. Apple may have to deal with a load of returned WiFi iPads and that could get a little expensive.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Same here..... I almost caved today..... seriously considered buying a 16GB wifi iPad to use for a few weeks, then sell on eBay once the 3G version is released.
Sure has occurred to me. I have a Verizon MiFi. I probably should not have waited for the 3G in the first place.

dynalmadman

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Tax day today. News claims a 7-10 day wait on electronic refunds. So a cubic $%&!LOAD of folks will be getting a bump in their bank accounts starting April 23rd or so.

My money is on a release of the 3G pads on that day.

Michael

WhackAttack

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah! I pre-ordered a 3G and got a Wifi to play with until then... but Im thinking about just selling the 3G as the Wifi is working out great! But I am still hoping the 3G charge doesn't hit my bank account until after my refund does. It better make it here soon though!

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Yeah! I pre-ordered a 3G and got a Wifi to play with until then... but Im thinking about just selling the 3G as the Wifi is working out great! But I am still hoping the 3G charge doesn't hit my bank account until after my refund does. It better make it here soon though!

Were you just planning on returning it and paying the restocking fee? Or selling it?

John-Fox

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Tax day today. News claims a 7-10 day wait on electronic refunds. So a cubic $%&!LOAD of folks will be getting a bump in their bank accounts starting April 23rd or so.

My money is on a release of the 3G pads on that day.

Michael

Do people that are getting a refund really wait until tax day to file ... I would think not. I got my refund in February. Now if I were having to pay taxes, then tax day would mean something to me.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
I think Apple is waiting till the 14day return policy is up to announce it. That way all of those people that bought a wifi version to get through the "late April" window will get stuck with them and have to buy again for 3G..lol.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I think Apple is waiting till the 14day return policy is up to announce it. That way all of those people that bought a wifi version to get through the "late April" window will get stuck with them and have to buy again for 3G..lol.

I don't think you're far off from the truth.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2