View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPad
- 342. You may not vote on this poll
- 12-26-2010, 09:37 AM #251
I just got my ipad today
I can say that it is my christmas gift from mom
I really happy with this buddy because i can read and save any ibook
Hmmmm it seeem same like my ipod touch
But i love it , im Trying to discover all of fiture and app
- 12-26-2010, 10:37 AM #252
- 12-26-2010, 11:40 AM #253
- 12-28-2010, 05:03 AM #254
- 12-28-2010, 06:11 AM #255
- 12-28-2010, 07:46 AM #256
- 12-30-2010, 04:55 PM #257iPhone Newbie
- 23 Posts
Extremely happy with my IPad I primarily use it at home and on the couch whilst watching tv or in bed whilst the wife watches a boring soap opera.
Apps, games, emails, books etc all at your finger tips on a nice size screen light as a feather, what else could you want.
- 01-01-2011, 10:00 AM #258
- 01-01-2011, 10:09 AM #259
- 01-08-2011, 09:51 AM #260
- 01-11-2011, 09:09 PM #261
- 01-12-2011, 05:51 PM #262
- 01-18-2011, 12:19 PM #263
Love it. I held out until Saturday as I felt with an iphone 4 and a laptop it was a convenience that I didn't need. However, in short time I have realized that my iPad can indeed replace my laptop and work perfectly in tandem with my iphone.
I have the 16gb wifi and that's all I need. I don't store a ton of music or videos on my phone since I can stream them through ORB. I also have a jailbroken iphone so I use that for my 3G connection via MiWi.
Now, I essentially just use my laptop as a server and storage device for my iPad.
With Orb I can essentially stream any content that I want from my computer. And with LogMein, I can access my entire computer from the phone as well. In fact, I also use my iPad as a 2nd TV in my home theatre when there are multiple sporting events on. It's great.
I wish it did have Flash for a few sites I visit that use that and I wish I had the ability to download mpeg from Safari (or firefox) as my work puts out Mpegs over the internet for training that I have to view once a week.
- 01-18-2011, 01:16 PM #264
- 01-19-2011, 06:34 AM #265
- 01-27-2011, 12:31 PM #266
Overall I'm kind of happy with the iPad, but it has some very annoying limitations:
- I hate having to plug it into a computer for sync. And it can't sync and charge at the same time. So despite having a proprietary connector, Apple still can't figure out how to sync and charge. Get a clue!
- Still no podcast subscriptions on the device and it will not auto update podcasts in the background - like a 1st gen ipod. Serious lack of innovation there.
- Multitasking is not very good. I'm used to apps running in the background in my Droid X.
- Screens are a mess and there are no widgets
- No expandable memory and I'm down to 2GB, so I have no more room for photos or music.
- Not having Flash playback seriously cripples web surfing
I guess I got spoiled by how Android sync and updates everything wirelessly and in the background with no effort on my part. I'll be switching to an Android tablet once Honeycomb comes out.
- 01-27-2011, 01:26 PM #267
2. Give it time. Apple likes to save things for feature generations
3. Agreed. Some may argue "you don't need to close the apps", well, as the OWNER of the device, I want to close it.
4. I Get what you mean. Stock apps are great, but the home screen is not. Its just scaled up from the iPhone.
5. Do you have the 64GB?
6. Flash is a hit and miss for me I don't ever use it on my EVO. matter of fact I uninstalled flash from my phone. You could install Skye Fire, I think its $2.99, but you can get flash. Plus the UI looks more easy on the eyes, and with one tap you can hide the command bar. Plus a "ipad" and "desktop" verson that renders the page. Desktop verson allows for facebook chat on the ipad.
- 01-27-2011, 03:54 PM #268iPhone Intermediate
- 224 Posts
1. Since synching only takes a few minutes, even if the iPad isn't charging then, so what? BTW, it does charge when plugged into the computer although it says it isn't.
2. OK, I don't care about this but take your word for it that its not good for you.
3. The problem with true background tasking is that it will eat the squat out of the battery. You can counter this comment by saying it's almost impossible to run out of battery in a day. I have been on jury duty watching Netflix streaming & emailing all day with my iPad. I've never even come close to running out of battery.
4. I hardly think screens are a mess. IMO, you are stretching.
5. Agree. This is clearly a 'make it simple and sealed' Jobs deal. His prejudices affect all of Apple's products.
6. I think you'll find Flash the past tech and 5 the future, but I still agree that again, we have some sort of Jobs dislike of Adobe here & it is a pity.
Overall I think you should get a Galaxy and be happy.
- 02-02-2011, 04:14 PM #269
- 02-02-2011, 04:59 PM #270
- 02-04-2011, 02:23 AM #271
- 02-04-2011, 09:20 PM #272
- 02-08-2011, 11:00 AM #273
- 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM #274
- 02-11-2011, 12:46 PM #275