iPad installed in Truck..Maybe the 1st of its kind

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Install was done in a 2005+ Toyota Tacoma. Enjoy!

SoundMan Car Audio - Online Training and Car Stereo Forum - First iPad in a*Car

On The day of the iPad release, we were able to start our planned iPad project. We chose to use the iPad as the only source for the vehicles entertainment system. The dock connector will plug into a cable that runs to a Onkyo ND-S1 which will send the digital signal from the iPad directly into an Audison Bit One. The Bit One will then act as the D/A converter, and will also process the audio signal. The Bit One also has a great controller for adjusting the volume and audio settings. The amplifier we chose is the McIntosh MCC406M. Stay tunned for the rest of the build. You'll be able to find all the pictures and videos on this page as they become available.

Robert Spoecker

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
in a vehicle dashboard??????

I joined this forum seconds ago and am getting my iPad next week sometime.

This post really caught my eye. Is someone really mounting an iPad on a dashboard so the driver can watch a movie or read a book (maybe a book on safe driving practices) while driving?

Please tell me it isn't so or at least don't drive in my neighborhood. :eek:

Robert

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sweet usage of the iPad! You have now inspired me to get a little creative when I get mine. I?m sure the iPad has a GPS feature hidden some ware. Now that would be sweet. Can?t wait to hear how it turned out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2