Who is taking their iPad to work?

ronarchy

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I am a little nervous about taking my iPad to school and work due to the high number of people that will want to play with it. I also have a boss that will think it cost a million dollars and I make too much money!!

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
I bought mine mainly for work. I have a million meetings a day and a bunch of other things to use it for. Stupid government computers.

Bond32

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm a student myself. One reason I bought mine is to use for school. A lot of my material, quizzes, and homework is all done online. So far the iPad has been excellent with the exception of flash.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I am totally going to take my 3G iPad to work! In fact, the main reason I ordered a 3G version (thus forcing myself to wait until end of month) is because my work's secure environment doesn't allow WiFi, so my 3G will be my guerrilla link to the outside world ;) Once I have my iPad, I can leave my MBP at home and enjoy the slimness of my iPad instead. I'm excited!

Flagatorfan

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a capacitive stylus n executive portfolio folder, and the Sketchbook HD app. I plan on using it for note taking at meetings and other things like that

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I purchased a capacitive stylus n executive portfolio folder, and the Sketchbook HD app. I plan on using it for note taking at meetings and other things like that

Do you plan on using Sketchbook HD app for notetaking with the capacitive stylus, or some other app for notes? I'm not familiar with the app and was wondering about the capabilities. :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I work for a competing company and I will be using mine at work...hope I don't get in trouble. :)

Dying to know which company that is???? :D

I will def bring mine to work just so I can browse and do personal email without using my iPhone. The only thing I'll have to think about is where to put it when I'm running away from my desk, I can't plop it in my pocket like my iPhone and my desk is not secure enough to just leave it lying around.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
You could take a que from Apple and alarm-tether it to your desk? :) I'm like you, however. I'm looking forward to my iPad's arrival so I can use it in my most-secure work environment.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I'll be taking mine to work every day. Then again, I work from home! But it will be sitting at my work station providing views onto additional information (email, twitter, etc.).

Flagatorfan

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you plan on using Sketchbook HD app for notetaking with the capacitive stylus, or some other app for notes? I'm not familiar with the app and was wondering about the capabilities. :)

I am going to try it. But I guess I better clarify, I downloaded Sketch"pad" HD. I use a Palm Pre, so I don't have to worry about multiple apps with similar names since we only have 100 apps anyway... :) But anyway, Sketchpad has ruled paper as well. There may be better apps, but I'm going to give this one a shot.

paulrkiii

Sep 29, 2009
www.facebook.com
You could take a que from Apple and alarm-tether it to your desk? :) I'm like you, however. I'm looking forward to my iPad's arrival so I can use it in my most-secure work environment.

I'm the same way....problem is my iphone doesn't get service in my building so i don't think the 3g ipad would either....

ronarchy

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Not being able to get a decent case, yet, I didn't take mine into work today and all of my office mates were POed because they were looking forward to seeing it/trying it out (local Best Buy only had a hand-full of cases come in Saturday evening even though they had 100 iPads). I didn't even think about the security part of it since I'm also in and out of the office and the iPhone is easy to throw in the pocket. Didn't the musical duo Kris Kross have jeans with enormous pockets (of course, worn backwards)??

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I am totally going to take my 3G iPad to work! In fact, the main reason I ordered a 3G version (thus forcing myself to wait until end of month) is because my work's secure environment doesn't allow WiFi, so my 3G will be my guerrilla link to the outside world ;) Once I have my iPad, I can leave my MBP at home and enjoy the slimness of my iPad instead. I'm excited!
Be sure to check out LogMeIn Ignition so that you can access your MBP from the iPad. Also Mobile Me or Dropbox.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I guess Palm!

HAHA... Nope... I think I'll get strung up if I worked a Palm... I work at Dell. We don't have a competing product for the iPad yet, but we are trying to get in the mobile product line...seem to always be a day late and a dollar short.