Red tint on screen

mattxu5

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Lucky me. My iPad gets a red tint on the screen after being on for fifteen minutes. The screen will start to show red flashes then goes totally to a red tint. You can still run everything, it will just have the red tint. Spoke with apple tech support and they said they had no other reports of this problem. I sent a screen shot via my iPhone and the tech and his supervisor were shocked. Tried a couple of hard reboots plus a system restore with no change. I have to go to the apple store Tuesday for repair. If someone here can tell me how, I will post a screen shot so everyone can laugh at my bad luck.
This is the first problem I ever had with any apple product (iPod, MacBook, iPhone, iPad). How is the tech support at the apple store? Does it usually go smooth on a new product or am I in for a hassle? Thanks for any help the forum or admin can provide.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you probably just got unlucky and bought a defective unit. It's bound to happen with these things, especially being a first generation product. This is the first I've heard of it though, so I'm sure you'll be fine returning it and getting a new one.

It's doubtful that's something they could repair, especially this early in the product's life. More likely that they'll just take one look at it and replace it with a new one.

mattxu5

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I'm not too upset about it. I understand that there is going to be issues with any new product, it just figures that I'm the unlucky one. Oh well. The phone tech support were perplexed as well. I wonder I can get them to throw in something extra for my effort and bad luck :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner