Need help in Canada

Chaos#IM

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey there, anyone willing to help out an early iPad adopter? I'm trying to install the eBay for iPad app but it won't download in Canada because the app store for ipad "isnt available in your country yet". Could someone download it and send me the .ipa file? It's a free download. We just don't have app store support up here until the end of the month. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

Chaos#IM

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Even if someone sent you the ipa file, it won't install on your iPad as it wasn't downloaded using your account.

Actually the downloaded file is vanilla, no marks. The authorization occurs when you drag it to the iPad using iTunes. Apparently that is working right now.... Just not direct DL using the app store.

Could you please send the file?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, the problem is that there are no power outlets in igloos. All Canadians live in igloos, so how did you get an iPad? :D

Doh! just joshin ya! My wife is Canadian and I tease her about the igloo thing all the time.

As for the app, I'm confounded as to why there are country-specific mobile apps, but you can type ebay as a url in a web browser in every country and all 57 States...

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
The iPad App Store works find in Canada on desktop iTunes. It's just the on-device App Store that's not working yet. I've downloaded tons of apps and synced them over to my iPad. (A couple companies, like Apple and EA haven't put that apps in Canada yet -- grrr! -- but 95% have).

You can also just open a US app store account (choose no credit card), download it yourself, and then sync it over.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73