Did you get the iPad?

Did you get the iPad

• Total voters

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
got mine, 16GB- may upgrade to a 32 or 64GB 3G, and drop my iPhone. Was #17 in line at my apple store. Love it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm in Canada so we still don't have it officially here yet for another couple of weeks. I didn't bother going across the border or getting my sister in Boston to send me one cause a couple of weeks wont kill me. Well today I'm sitting on the train going home and I see a guy sitting with his iPad and I just couldn't look away. I was so jealous and now waiting a couple of weeks seems like forever LOL

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Can't bring myself to do it (yet)!

Okay, not everybody ran out and got an iPad last week. Some of us are waiting, but what for: 3G, 4.0, "lower pricing" (Gadot!!)?

For me, I just feel that Apple has yet to provide some really glaring features for an instrument of this size and price. Do I need to rehash, Flash, printing and multi-tasking? Of course, 4.0 may take care of these two points, but there is still the matter of a proprietary, enclosed device that purports to be some sort of replacement for the notebook computer. It just ain't there yet! When the new wears off and all the passionate Apple-loving techies have their iPad fix, will the market remain for the iPad?

Care to share your iPad-NOT (yet) comments? :confused:

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Each person must decide for themselves how useful a product will be and if the product is worth the price and is of enough value to them. Given the mileage I get out of my iPhone every day and the desire I sometimes have for a bigger screen and keyboard for some tasks, the iPad fits nicely into my scheme. The iPad is not purporting to be a laptop replacement, but for many people, it will take care of the tasks they would normally look to their laptop as the go-to device. For me, it's a convenient form factor and, given that I'm already very familiar with its OS, it is very much what I'm looking for. :)

scoty024

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I sold my iMac and my Kindle (as well as a couple other things) and picked up a 64GB iPad last night. It made perfect sence to me, everything I liked about my Apple and my Kindle. So far I love it. I've never held a iPhone in my hand, so I'm not going into it with a preconceived notion on how it should be... aside from awesome.

It may be what some want, it may be what some need, then again it may be what others would consider a joke. To each their own though. Some may not like my BlackBerry, I may not like their iPhone... I may not like their iBook, they may not like my Toshiba... But when it comes down to it, I love my iPad, regardless of whoever else may or may not.

And that, my friends, is my first TiBp post. Have a nice evening.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I sold my iMac and my Kindle (as well as a couple other things) and picked up a 64GB iPad last night. It made perfect sence to me, everything I liked about my Apple and my Kindle. So far I love it. I've never held a iPhone in my hand, so I'm not going into it with a preconceived notion on how it should be... aside from awesome.

It may be what some want, it may be what some need, then again it may be what others would consider a joke. To each their own though. Some may not like my BlackBerry, I may not like their iPhone... I may not like their iBook, they may not like my Toshiba... But when it comes down to it, I love my iPad, regardless of whoever else may or may not.

And that, my friends, is my first TiBp post. Have a nice evening.

Welcome to the TiPb forum and nice first post :) I agree with your assessment!