Official "I got my iPad" Thread!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Okay, UPS just left -- or you just left the store -- and now you have a shiny new iPad right in your geeky hands. How does it feel? How does it work? What do you think?

Tell us what you got and how you like it!

Jason in Annapolis

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh...and since I was sitting here waiting for it to sync.....i went ahead and threw on about 400 photos and some HD video's from my Disney trip. I must love torturing myself...

Codeworks

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
So close...

Just got mine delivered from UPS. 9:32 AM Central time.

Syncing in stages. Dont want to sync all at once because then I wont be playing for hours!

broxman

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Got mine from UPS, syncing 123 apps

I just got mine at 11:11 from UPS. It's syncing 87 apps I had for my iPhone, 31 iPad specific apps that I downloaded the last 2 days (all but 1 free!) and 5 "universal" apps that have iPhone and iPad specific binaries. I'll wait to install my music and photos.

Fairoasis2

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't wait to get home with mine, so I'm at Barnes and Noble, sipping coffee, and relaxing while it syncs all of those movies, pictures, and apps I already had:)

ronarchy

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Walked in Best Buy at 10:10 and there were only a few people looking at the demos. I played around with one for a little while and chose the 16GB. Mine was the 16th sold out of an initial stock of 100. The first guy in the door bought one of each size. There was a man on the phone with his son debating if they should get three or four because mom was going to want one once she saw everyone else's. Updating iTunes so I can synch..... I'm not sure if the synch is really that necessary so I don't know why it is forced?!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to see some pictures of it in use by some of the members here. Therefore I can better guage how it looks in real world scenarios and size perspective.

IPRick

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Got mine!!!

Got mine at 10am eastern. It was a surprise because ups tracking never updated..

First impressions = awesome

One thing to note: it's a little heavier than i anticipated.

baraider

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
drove by a best buy (riverside, ca by the Tyler Mall) at 6 on the way to the dog pack and there was a good size line going so I thought I would not be lucky today.

went to best buy at 11:30 to play with the demos and they still had about 20 left. I didnt know they had a shipment of over 100. Thought it would be about 15 max as some of the fourms said. :) Im very happy.

have a good one.

Last edited:

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Got mine after I almost walked away because the chick from the Apple store announced that they were way understocked and that they had barely enough for the people who pre-ordered. She said to come back at 3pm but added that it was still highly unlikely that they would have any more even at that time. She drooled on about some plane getting stuck in a snowstorm in Texas (a snowstorm in Texas???), and she must have turned away over 50 people.

It was quite hilarious because come 9:15am, both the pre-paid line and the walk-up line had nearly disappeared and I was leaving the store with mine at 9:30. On the way back to my house, I drove by the store and there were no longer any customers. It was only 9:45am haha...

(I hope the folks down in TX are alright with all that snow...)

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Got mine!! I LOVE IT! The screen is beautiful and it's so fast! All the apps I've played with so far are excellent. SO glad I got one! To think I almost didn't :eek:

4487642352_93d659a08a.jpg

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
My initial reaction is that the iPad is beautiful and the screen can sell it's itself.

Also as someone else mentioned, it feels heavier than wast I thought it would be.

I'm typing from my iPad right now!!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Got mine after I almost walked away because the chick from the Apple store announced that they were way understocked and that they had barely enough for the people who pre-ordered. She drooled on about some plane getting stuck in a snowstorm in Texas (a snowstorm in Texas???), and she must have turned away over 50 people.

(I hope the folks down in TX are alright with all that snow...)

She is full of crap. There was no snowstorm that I am aware of in my entire state.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Got mine this morning

UPS showed up about 10 and I've been playing with it all day! I agree that it's heavier than I thought it would be,but it's awesome. I'm happy that I pre ordered. :D

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Well I didn't think I would be able to get one, because I didn't reserve or pre order. My first chance was going to be after 8pm so I called the store at about 8:20pm to see if they had any. The lady said let me check after what seemed like a gazillion years she came back and said we have plenty. So I drove down to the store and told myself I'm going to play with it first before buying. Picked up one of the demo units swiped to unlock and told myself who am I kidding lets do this.

This thing is absolutely amazing! Did I mention it was amazing! As Billy Crystal would say it,s maarvelous! The screen is beautiful. I'm typing this right now from my iPad. This changes everything.

Gotta go to download some apps see ya!

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
This thing is absolutely amazing! Did I mention it was amazing! As Billy Crystal would say it,s maarvelous! The screen is beautiful. I'm typing this right now from my iPad. This changes everything.

Gotta go to download some apps see ya!

Yup, that's IPS baby! The screen is gorgeous. Now let's have IPS panels for the MacBook's please! :D

iPadGeekFan

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I got mine 2 days earlier than expected because my area does not normally get Saturday UPS delivery.

It has a heavier feel than I expected but my first thought was, "It's too small." But it isn't. It's a great size and reading Winnie the Pooh on it is such an amazing experience. One of my friends came over last night and played with the iPad and was really impressed by how easy it is to learn and use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl