Question about the iPad...

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I'm far too lazy to read the bazillion threads about the iPad on Al Gore's internet.

Is the iPad meant to sync with your desktop/laptop like an iPod or an iPhone or is it meant to be a whole separate computer? And if so, will the iPod and iPhone sync with it? Can you have all your paid apps on the iPad and your iPhone too? I haven't heard of this yet.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but, The iPad syncs to your computer like a iPhone and you can use the apps you already bought.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Okay, thanks. I wonder if you can sync your iPhone to it too? I didn't know you were able to have two devices synced to your computer using the same iTunes account.

hanguk9117

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
At this point all we know is that the ipad syncs to computers just like an iphone or itouch. But i truly do hope they make the ipad compatible with the iphone and introduce new synching features. This would definitely be a factor that would push iphone users to purchase an ipad.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm really hoping that application data syncs between iPhone and iPad through iTunes. If I enter data on an app on my iPhone, I want to be able see that data when I open the app with my iPad. Over the air syncing would be ideal... maybe through MobileMe??

capoeira4u

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm really hoping that application data syncs between iPhone and iPad through iTunes. If I enter data on an app on my iPhone, I want to be able see that data when I open the app with my iPad. Over the air syncing would be ideal... maybe through MobileMe??

Having mentioned this in my other thread, I totally agree with your point. Right now I don't see how it would be practical to own both.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
It syncs the same way iPods,iPhones, etc do.. Through the iTunes leash.. I have MobileMe and it kinda aggravates me that I can back up noted to MobileMe but not sync them. The iPad would be awesome to take notes in the gazillion meetings I have (even better with a stylus and ink capability) and have those notes sync over OTA via MobileMe to my laptop/iPhone for transcription later.

Justino#IM

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It looks like apple wants to do away with cable syncing for itunes and apps. Lot's of rumors were buzzin around about that when they acquired LaLa.

Don't be surprised if there is a big change in how you sync or how syncing is perceived over the next year or two.

I am sure the ideal sync process for apple is for it not to be perceived at all!
Just runs in the background. "Nothing to see here, move along"

Another great feature to make illegal downloads look like too much hassle.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Would be very cool .. Would really create a nice bridge between laptop and iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen