- iMore Nanite
- 5 Posts
Ipad mini usb cord broken. Have some ideas but I'm not sure. Help?
Hi! I have a question: the charger of the ipad mini I have right now it's broken (5volts btw) and I was thinking if I could wrap it in electrical tape and wrap it again using thread maybe. Read about it but I wanted to ask first, maybe satin rat tail cord o rope? after putting the electrical tape of course! (yes, is still working)
I did think of using sugru or thermo retractable tube but were I live they don't sell them unless you buy it online and its really expensive because we don't use dollars here.
- 10-16-2015, 10:25 PM #2iMore Intermediate
- 121 Posts
Re: Ipad mini usb cord broken. Have some ideas but I'm not sure. Help?
Welcome to iMore. Here is a counter question: how much is all that total versus buying a new cord? I'm all for people fixing things but let's look at this pragmatically for a moment. If you spend that cash getting the equipment to fix it and it doesn't work, you still have to buy a new cable. Not to mention using any damaged cables can be a safety and fire hazard.
From my LG G4
Last edited by Golfdriver97; 10-20-2015 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Typo
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 2Last Post: 10-16-2015, 09:34 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-16-2015, 09:00 PM
- By picture perfect in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2015, 05:55 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2015, 05:49 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad 2Replies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2015, 03:47 PM