My iMessage contacts turned into the phone number!!! How do I get the names back?

ash7315

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
My iMessage contacts turned into the phone number!!!

How do I get the names back into iMessage it only shows me my friends phone numbers not there names!!! Please help this is for iPad mini

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: My iMessage contacts turned into the phone number!!!

Do you have contact cards set up for them? If so, have you checked them to make sure they are correct? Are all your contacts doing that way, or just one or two? You don't offer enough information. Have you tried deleting the contact, then adding it back?

ash7315

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

Idk what contact card is but the names under my contacts I only have half of them in there not all of them also I did a hard rest and I went to iMessage and shut it off and turned it back on and also sign out of google and sign in again

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Idk what contact card is but the names under my contacts I only have half of them in there not all of them also I did a hard rest and I went to iMessage and shut it off and turned it back on and also sign out of google and sign in again

I'm assuming the contacts are associated with your Gmail account. If so, you 'may' have to delete the gmail account from your device, and when asked if you want to keep the contacts on the device or delete them from the device, choose to delete them from the device. Afterwards, reconfigure gmail on your device and make sure to enable the toggle next to contacts in the Mail settings. Also make sure that Google is your displayed as your default account, if it is. Your contacts you have stored on Google's servers should sync back to your device. Now try to compose an iMessage and see if the name appears.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The contact card is just a contact in your contacts with info and etc. Some call it a vCard.

ash7315

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

Hi I did all this but how do in sync my iPhone contacts to my iPad because it only showing that I have a few on my iPad and my iPhone I have 300

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Hi I did all this but how do in sync my iPhone contacts to my iPad because it only showing that I have a few on my iPad and my iPhone I have 300

Login to your gmail account via a computer, and then export the contacts. After that, send the contacts to yourself via email and then open the email message containing the exported file on your iPad. Tap on the exported file. You should be prompted to import the contacts into the Contacts app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2