Has anyone installed iOS 8 on their iPad Mini?

Qbeebo2

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: ios 8 on ipad mini

I updated to iOS 8 but I don't see any changes. Can anyone tell me what you can see as far as how iOS 8 works on original iPad?

iluvthierry

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

I recently updated iOs8 and my skype vid is not working. I updated to iOs8.2 last night, restarted the devide and reinstalled the app but still it dont recognize the vid. I cant even send a photo using skype app and cant record. Help!

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

My wife has a Mini (non-retina) and has not complained about anything so far in iOS 8. I used it briefly after the update and it seemed on par with iOS 7. I can't say if battery life is better or not.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I updated my original iPad mini to iOS 8. Battery seems to be about the same as before. I have noticed that a few apps seem to take a bit longer to load, but other than that, no problems.

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

I recently updated iOs8 and my skype vid is not working. I updated to iOs8.2 last night, restarted the devide and reinstalled the app but still it dont recognize the vid. I cant even send a photo using skype app and cant record. Help!

how about using other apps? is it through video call?

jsgny

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

I updated my iPad mini to iOS 8.0.2 everything going well. Battery improved . Only one app to take a bit longer to load. Really happy with my Ipad mini and IPhone 4 S, waiting a couple months to buy iPhone unlocked from Verizon.

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

seems that there was no reported bad effects.. i updated mine just a few days ago and had nothing to tell but goodies.. "so far so good". thanks for your reply guys

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I would suggest not to update iPad mini (1st gen) with iOS 8. I am regretting my decision :(

It's slow and laggy!

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine was okay at first but has gotten considerably slower as the days have gone on. That, and it feels slower because my 6 Plus is so zippy. Poor old Mini. I can't bring myself to get rid of it, though.

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
seems that there was no reported bad effects.. i updated mine just a few days ago and had nothing to tell but goodies.. "so far so good". thanks for your reply guys

Mine was okay at first but has gotten considerably slower as the days have gone on. That, and it feels slower because my 6 Plus is so zippy. Poor old Mini. I can't bring myself to get rid of it, though.

Keep us posted as I am considering updating my original mini to be able to use the GoPro app which requires 7.1 or higher.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps it was just a learning curve for the Mini. Not sure. iOS 8 still isn't what I'd call "zippy" but it is better than it was at first. The Facebook app is the slowest thing right now.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps it was just a learning curve for the Mini. Not sure. iOS 8 still isn't what I'd call "zippy" but it is better than it was at first. The Facebook app is the slowest thing right now.

Ah, ok. That explains a lot. I haven't had/used Facebook in over 2 years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen