Do your young kids 10 & under have pass codes?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think hubs doesn't think it's necessary. My 10 yo takes hers to church each service. They are allowed to use YouVersion in Kids Church. I'm not sure....I'm tempted to have her create one and put it on together. My 3 yo doesn't have his out as much.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I think hubs doesn't think it's necessary. My 10 yo takes hers to church each service. They are allowed to use YouVersion in Kids Church. I'm not sure....I'm tempted to have her create one and put it on together. My 3 yo doesn't have his out as much.

As long as you know what the pass code is, I don't see anything wrong with it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here. My 13 year old has a pass code and I know what it is. It's always best to have one on all devices. My info is on his device and I don't want a thief to have it.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I think its a good idea. Our youngest has a passcode for her iPhone 4S that is now an iPod. Same thing with the iPad 3. Since she takes them around with her outside of home, its a good security best practice to have a passcode in the event the iPod/iPad is lost, or stolen. Chances of the latter happening in a church setting are probably quite low, but again a good best practice since App store and iCloud information is typically tied to the parent. In other cases older kids may want to help "fix" the iPad, and may have best of intentions, but might end up changing the setup by adding apps, changing configuration, etc.

Edit: Just saw Zerog's response after mine posted. Zerog nailed it. Most often parent's info is tied to the kids devices.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely they should have a pass code. If it's lost, then what? Someone can wipe it and it's theirs. Both of my kid siblings have pass codes on their iPhones and iPads.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Reiterated my feelings! He better passcode that Note! Of course be cracked it so maybe it's a deterrent! I put one on the oldest and will do the middle one soon. He doesn't take his out like the oldest tho but I will l the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods