Deleted app keeps re-appearing and get stuck at waiting. What can I do?

anon8196564

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded an app a few days ago which wouldn't install. I logged into my iTunes account and deleted it from my purchases. It was a free app by the way, now it keeps showing up no matter how many times I delete it. It doesn't actually install it just keeps saying waiting. It's driving me crazy!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: HELP!

I downloaded an app a few days ago which wouldn't install. I logged into my iTunes account and deleted it from my purchases. It was a free app by the way, now it keeps showing up no matter how many times I delete it. It doesn't actually install it just keeps saying waiting. It's driving me crazy!

Have you tried a hard reset? Hold both the top power button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. Let us know if that works or not.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: HELP!

Delete the app again, reboot the device and then log out of the iTunes & App Store on the device. Afterwards, log back in.

anon8196564

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys it finally worked after trying again and again. I've finally gotten rid of that annoying app I was starting to see it in my dreams!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys it finally worked after trying again and again. I've finally gotten rid of that annoying app I was starting to see it in my dreams!

I'm glad the problem is resolved, and thank you for updating us...:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Another solution may have been to turn Auto update on for the App Store. That worked for me once when I had an app stick. Afterward, I turned it back off.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73