Cannot communicate with server...

Godsdragon

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I have Facebook. I uninstalled the application, because on the settings page I was not able to login due to error message saying cannot communicate with server. I rebooted, then went into settings again and downloaded the application from there. Then I tried to login from there again but same error message came up is there any thing else I can do to fix this?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I have Facebook. I uninstalled the application, because on the settings page I was not able to login due to error message saying cannot communicate with server. I rebooted, then went into settings again and downloaded the application from there. Then I tried to login from there again but same error message came up is there any thing else I can do to fix this?

Reset network settings .. Is this happening on wifi or on cellular or both ?

Snyderman1

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this same problem. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app from both general settings and from the home page. I've tried logging in from other various places both public and at friends and still nothing. Did you find any fixes for this problem? I even downloaded the most recent update today hoping it would solve this bug, but still no help. I can log into the Facebook app directly, I can log into Facebook through the internet on my iPad, but it won't log in from General Settings. I've found it's blocking some of my apps and game friends connected through Facebook. Every time the bubble pops ups that I need to allow the app through Facebook in General Settings it takes me back to the settings area where it won't connect.

Godsdragon

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this same problem. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app from both general settings and from the home page. I've tried logging in from other various places both public and at friends and still nothing. Did you find any fixes for this problem? I even downloaded the most recent update today hoping it would solve this bug, but still no help. I can log into the Facebook app directly, I can log into Facebook through the internet on my iPad, but it won't log in from General Settings. I've found it's blocking some of my apps and game friends connected through Facebook. Every time the bubble pops ups that I need to allow the app through Facebook in General Settings it takes me back to the settings area where it won't connect.

Thank you! I thought I was out of my mind and that it was all my fault. I took my tablet to Best Buy, and after a bandaid fix, I will probably reset the tablet to factory specs, but even then, I think I will revisit the problem again...

Immanuel Comer

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue... I've also have tried resetting the iPad (holding Home and sleep buttons). I've tried deleting the Facebook app and re-installing. When I log on with the app I get the following message:

Enter the Facebook password for "" in Settings

The password doesn't work in settings and it won't let me "Delete Account" and start fresh.

Godsdragon

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So I guess my last resource, (since I have not heard from FB) is to do a factory reset... I would hate to go thru all that to find out I end up with the same problem. Bottom line:I guess I don't really need FB on my tablet...

Godsdragon

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Did you lose all of your pictures Etc?
Glad you asked. No, I did not loose my pictures, I had them backed up on the iCloud.. Not sure how they got restored, but they did...I did have some notes and such in a calendar app I have that did not get saved (They saved to my reminders though...)

The one thing I neglected to do was to back up all to iTunes by hooking my tablet to my computer. It was suggested that I do that as well as have things backed to iCloud...

All in all, I am very satisfied with the results. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative