Updating to iOS 7 and experience

ZanKuvy

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody.
Just wanted to know from those users who already updated their minis, how's the experience gone so far? Has it been smooth like it was on the previous version? Any issues (compatibility, lag)?
I haven't update it yet because I usually wait until everything becomes stable and compatible and avoid any annoying bug.
Thanks in advance for your commentaries :cool:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I updated the other day from IOS6.1 that I also had jailbroke.

The update went smooth enough.

While there are certain features of the new IOS 7 that I like, some I love and some I hate, I'm not sure as a whole I like it as compared with my previous IOS 6.1 jailbreak.

Things I like:
the gausian blur background of the notification center

Things I LOVE:
the new Control Center
iTunes Radio
the new Music App

Things I HATE
inability in Notification Center to launch the Calendar App by tapping on the Calendar Icon
the Zoom in /Zoom out feature when you close or open apps or folders

I've noticed a bit of lag, even stalling when in some apps or some gestures...i'm hoping the next iteration of IOS7 fixes this.

ZanKuvy

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I updated the other day from IOS6.1 that I also had jailbroke.

The update went smooth enough.

While there are certain features of the new IOS 7 that I like, some I love and some I hate, I'm not sure as a whole I like it as compared with my previous IOS 6.1 jailbreak.

Things I like:
the gausian blur background of the notification center

Things I LOVE:
the new Control Center
iTunes Radio
the new Music App

Things I HATE
inability in Notification Center to launch the Calendar App by tapping on the Calendar Icon
the Zoom in /Zoom out feature when you close or open apps or folders

I've noticed a bit of lag, even stalling when in some apps or some gestures...i'm hoping the next iteration of IOS7 fixes this.
Thnaks for your insightful reply. I'm concerned about that last thing you said, knowing that the hardware specs of our minis are much different than the newer iPhones I was afraid this might happen and the reason why I haven't update it yet.
I hope they address this issue soon and would like to know if other users are experiencing the same inconveniences, so please let us know.
Best regards.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded on release, both I5 and Ipad 4, and except a 2+ hour delay due to amount on servers! it was good. Both phone and pad running great, love the new iOS .

ZanKuvy

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
So, nobody else with issues.... Will be updating later and post the results, I just want everything to run smoothly like it does now on 6.1. It requieres 3.1 GB of free space but the download is only 716 MB. To delete some apps.

Last edited:

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I updated my mini as soon as iOS 7 became available and after install my iPad was really laggy. I was kinda concerned that the mini couldn't handle the new OS. But after a short bit it seemed to clear up and now it's fine. I guess it must have been doing stuff in the background that were bogging it down after the update *shrug*

ZanKuvy

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I updated my mini as soon as iOS 7 became available and after install my iPad was really laggy. I was kinda concerned that the mini couldn't handle the new OS. But after a short bit it seemed to clear up and now it's fine. I guess it must have been doing stuff in the background that were bogging it down after the update *shrug*

Really? Thanks for your feedback, really helpful for me. Good to know your mini is running fine now. Going to update as soon as I get some work out of the way.
Best regards.

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Only places I've really noticed it struggling are occasionally while typing it has to think about it and gets a word or so behind (not exactly typing at blistering speeds either as using the on screen keyboard) and the Facebook app seems to have a 5 second or so refresh when it's been minimised for a while which wasn't there on iOS 6 (guessing this is down to the app itself as the previous version ran fine under iOS 7 before I updated it). Not really device breaking issues but they're noticeable.

On the whole though I'm pretty chuffed with the new OS, battery life is still good (if not better) and nothings really slowed to the point of me wanting to throw it against a wall

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Updated iPhone 5 and iPad 2. Both running smoothly. Possibly the occasional lag on iPad but not enough to ruin my user experience and expected on an older device.

To me iOS 7 is great. Liking the fresh look and transparency layers, plus new features like control centre and air drop.

Sent from my iPhone 5 32Gb white.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Updated my iPhone 5 and iPad 2. The iPad 2 is a bit jerky when going from an app to the home screen but not enough to be distracting. The iPhone 5 is perfect.

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

hoiberg2

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 runs now great on my mini. Games like Real Racing 3 ran at first very slow (almost unplayable). But now, after I've reset my settings, things are running as smooth as on iOS 6.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Really? Thanks for your feedback, really helpful for me. Good to know your mini is running fine now. Going to update as soon as I get some work out of the way.
Best regards.

​My iPad Mini handles iOS 7 very well. No problems at all.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I feel like iOS 7 runs better on my iPad Mini compared to the iPad 2. Not having any issues with lag. I'd say go for it if you're still on the fence.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who are having lag issues with your iPads, do me a favor and test something out for me, please. Go to Settings>General and then disable "Multitasking Gestures" and see if you get a speed boost of some sort. I'm just curious.

mykeykoo

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
For me it is a mix feeling.. Like the new ios7 functionality but some of my apps are not really compatible yet although i have updated to latest one... occasional lags but still acceptable ^^

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

ZanKuvy

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Finally updated a couple of days ago and I do notice an occasional lag every now and then, specially making the transitions to safari which took several times before it got fast again and in some games like Real Racing 3, beginning races, after that works fine.
Except from these minor drawbacks everything else runs smoothly. Updates will come and performance surely will improve.
Best regards.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR