- iMore Newbie
- 11 Posts
iPad Mini Screen Home Button Use
After launching and starting to listen to iTunes on my former iPad, five minutes later when the iPad locked, I could double click on the Home button and at the top of the screen, controls appeared for increasing/decreasing the volume, stopping the track, etc.
That feature is no longer present in my new iPad mini. With a locked IPad and, for instance, the Public Radio app running, a double click on the home button produces nothing. I have to input my password to access any of the iTunes controls.
I have combed through the Settings thinking this was something you now had to turn on but couldn’t find anything.
Has this feature simply disappeared in the latest iteration of the iOS, or have I missed the setting?
- 09-01-2013, 09:01 AM #2
- 09-04-2013, 05:31 AM #4
re: iPad Mini Screen Home Button Use
- 09-04-2013, 08:40 AM #5
iPas Mini Screen Home Button Use
This is what my iPad Mini's lock screen looks like after tapping the Home button twice. I did not have to enable any settings in order to see the control bar that sits just below the status bar.
Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
- 09-04-2013, 09:42 AM #6
- 09-04-2013, 10:16 AM #7
- By darkpurple92 in forum iOS 6Replies: 13Last Post: 05-21-2014, 07:02 PM
- By keepsoft in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 09-04-2013, 08:59 AM
- By email@example.com in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2013, 11:04 PM
- By Noel O in forum iOS 7Replies: 2Last Post: 09-01-2013, 05:26 PM
- By CrazyInventor1 in forum iPad Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-31-2013, 12:48 PM