Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By linsiris
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Unhappy Ipad mini earphones working improperly

Hello! Yesterday when I connected my earphones to the ipad the screen just freezed and the music stopped. Then I plugged them out and i reset my ipad and now when i plug the earphones back the sound is very loud and with hiss. the earphones microphone also doesn't work at all. I tried with different earphones but it didn't solve the problem, so the problem is not the earphones. It's not the first time I use the earphones and this never happened before. Without earphones the ipad works just fine so I'm thinking it could be a problem with the ipad earphones jack or some hardware.
    I don't know what I could do to fix it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
    iMore Genius

5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

Default Ipad mini earphones working improperly

Try a different set of ear buds, if the problem still occurs I would contact Apple or make a in store Appt. to get it looked at. Worse case, it's a hardware issue and Apple will replace it for you.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
    iMore Pro

570 Posts
    Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Default Re: Ipad mini earphones working improperly

I have a similar problem with my iPhone, but I know it's the earpods because I tried with different pair and they work just fine.

And as Irish Rose just said, if you already tried with different headphones and the problem persists, take it to the Apple Store so they can check it, chances are that if it is damaged they'll replace it.
    Eileen89 likes this.