Syncing iBooks PDF's

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I only use Apple hardware occasionally to set up my wife's iPad 1, iPhone 4S, and tonight her new iPad mini. Everything seems to be working nicely (though i was surprised there is no flash for camera).

One problem I found is that back when her iPad 1 was brand new I synced some pdf's to iBook and they are still there however they did not appear. Is there something I need to do to get them? Do i need to sync to itunes on the computer? I was concerned that it won't know the ipad mini from the ipad? Suggestions?

This new mini somehow got the exact same name as her iPad call it wifes ipad. Can I somehow give the mini its own name in itunes like wifes mini?

I also noticed photostream only synced the last 3 days of photos. Do i need to upload from itunes on my computer?

Thanks for your help! My wife loves iStuff but I'm stuck setting it up. I'm a Microsoft/Android guy so understand virtually iNothing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand this statement "they are still there however they did not appear." Are they still there or not?

If you restored the new mini from the iPad, then it will get the same name, data, apps, etc. You can change the name at any time through iTunes.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
The pdfs are still in books in itunes in the computer but not in books app of ipad mini. I thought they would update automatically but I finally managed ti sync them.

Now the ipad and ipad mini are both listed as one device in itunes yet the iphone is a separate device. Now that I have everything that I need from the ipad synced into the mini should I and can I have a separate id for the mini in itunes? If so will I lose all the work I just did syncing photos and books? If I can create a separate itunes name for the mini how do I do it? As in the iphone I obviously want to keep the same apple identity so I have access to all the paid apps. I just find it odd that the iphone and are listed as separate devices but the mini is considered the same device as the ipad.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
When the device is connected to your computer, look at the Summary screen in iTunes and you can change the name of the device there.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
But will the name be different than the old ipad or will it just change the name of both of them?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73