Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

14 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

Default New to the iPad Mini

I just purchased an ipad mini making it the first apple product I've owned. My wife has had the iphone 4s. We also have an older generation ipod touch that kids play with but I dont use any of these devices. Before I really didnt like the iphone because I like to tinker with my phone so I got an android. I love android on the phone side so I decided to try out Asus Transformer android tablet. After a while it become very laggy and at times even needing a factory reset it. I figured it was because it was alomost two years old and just didnt have the power to run some of the current apps out there. Fed up I sold it and was complating between the new nexus 7 and the mini. I looked over reviews for the current gen nexus 7 and the mini, also visiting my local best buy to test both out. Finally I purchased the Mini and cant believe I used android tablet before. The ipad is so far head right now there really isnt any comparison. My only question is when iOS 7 is released for the ipad mini do you think it will have any negative effects since its last generation hardware. I still have time to return it and wondering should I wait for the next generation to be released?
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Default Re: New to the iPad Mini

There is nobody at this point that can answer your question including the tech people and iOS software writers and coders responsible for iOS 7 at Apple. Keep your iPad Mini and enjoy it. When a new full version or mini with iOS 7 comes out you will know.
    iMore Intermediate

241 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts

Default Re: New to the iPad Mini

As Jaguarr40 said, no one can tell you definitively how iOS7 will perform on a mini right now. But, I will go out on a limb and say that Apple has a good track record of keeping performance decent on devices that they are still selling. For instance, iOS6 runs perfectly fine on devices that shipped with earlier OS versions and are still on the retail shelves (iPhone 4S, iPad2, etc). I wouldn't sweat it. I have a mini and I'm not worried