Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Mwzmwz's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Talking Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    I have the ipad 4 which is great, but for me its kinda big :/ besides the ipad mini is way cuter

    So i decided to buy the ipad mini , I read a few rumors about the release date of the ipad mini, i just want to know is it worth waiting for or should I buy the orginial one now ?
  2. #2  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,979 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,215 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    If you've played around with the mini and enjoyed it, and you found the non-retina display on it to be sufficient your your reading needs, then buy the current version. It will get an iOS update just like it successor when it becomes available.
  3. #3  
    pkcable's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,754 Posts
    Global Posts
    33,479 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 8.1

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    I love my mini! But you might as well wait through the WWDC keynote today just in case, Apple announces and/or releases any new hardware today!
  4. #4  
    anthony81586's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    Just get it if you like it. You can always justify the "wait" for the next device but then you're sacrificing time you could be enjoying the device.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Mizo_s likes this.
  5. #5  
    Mizo_s's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    i used to have the same dilemma, but today i got my iPad mini. I bought it used for 260$ whitch is a great deal here in Syria ( new for 350$). i hope i wont regret it !!
  6. #6  
    Arrongin's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    I have the mini and love it very much. Anyway, the ipad mini 2 is rumored to come out, so maybe you could wait for a little longer.
  7. #7  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,423 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    I would wait for the 2. The display and processor will be so much better in the next one.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  8. #8  
    impaler's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.1

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    You already have an iPad, so the "cute"ness factor isn't a good reason to get a mini now. If you didn't have anything, I'd say go for the current mini. I'd wait to see what the next gen has, and sell your 4 for the mini 2.
    --
    iPhone 5s Space Gray 64GB (AT&T), iPad 3 LTE 64GB (AT&T), MacBook Air 13" (Mid-2011), Apple TVs Around the House, Time Capsule 3TB
  9. #9  
    jamesjohnson8's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    I'd definately say bite the bullet and get the mini 1st gen. It is sooo much hander than the standard bulk ipad, it doesnt even compare. It effectivly the best of both worlds combinging the portability of the iphone with the usablility of the ipad. buy it.
  10. #10  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    3,413 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,838 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    If you are selling your 4 you would get more for it now then when the next mini and the 5 come out. So you can sell it get the mini and have $$ left over...
  11. #11  
    bamf-hacker's Avatar

    Posts
    4,141 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,272 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS8.1b2

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    You could always buy the Mini now and sell it when the Mini 2 comes out. You might be out a bit of $$ but I am sure you could find a buyer for the Mini
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    Mwzmwz's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    Thanks y'all

    I waited this long I guess I could wait a bit longer for the ipad mini 2
  13. #13  
    anthony81586's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    I pulled the trigger the other day and don't regret it. I also used upgrade and go the iPhone 5. Bottom line for me was I had the iPad 2 since release and drooled over the Mini's form factor. The display is slightly better than the 2 (same resolution on a smaller screen) and I'm happy with it. With the phone, I was sick of my android.

    Whatever comes out in the fall I'm sure ill lust over and I could always sell the mini and eat the bit of money I'd lose but in reality I probably will stick with what I have.

    Good luck to you!
  14. #14  
    ngc
    ngc is offline
    ngc's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    If you already have an iPad Id say wait for the new one. I bought and iPad Mini last week (used) because I am barely using my laptop at home anymore, so I started looking and found one faerly cheap, Black iPad Mini 32gb Wifi for 290$ in mint condition... I think I did ok, All I can tell you is that I absolutly love this little thing!!! I used th have an iPad 3 about a year ago and man this thing acomodates my needs far better than the iPad 3

    If I were you and already have an iPad I'd wait for the new mini and meanwhile use your existing iPad.

    Hope this helps...
  15. #15  
    techsamaritan's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    Since I found the Verizon app that lets me text, I use a basic phone for calls and my mini for everything else! Love it! Kind of a drag for me to walk with 2 devices, but works for me now. Will be getting the mini 2 though, can't pass up that retina display! Hope they don't charge too much more for it...
  16. #16  
    goku_vegeta's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,054 Global Posts

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by techsamaritan View Post
    Since I found the Verizon app that lets me text, I use a basic phone for calls and my mini for everything else! Love it! Kind of a drag for me to walk with 2 devices, but works for me now. Will be getting the mini 2 though, can't pass up that retina display! Hope they don't charge too much more for it...
    If Apple keeps the same pricing strategy they have for the last while, it seems the iPad Mini 2 would start at the 329 price point for the 16 GB although I've been doing a little reading and something that's intriguing me is that the 16 GB variants of the iPad's apparently won't exist anymore. Reportedly what will happen is they will use 32 GB as the base model, the 64 GB as the second tier storage and finally a 128 GB for the highest capacity.

    Now I don't know how accurate or reliable this information is because Apple tends to hold their cards close and until officially announced we don't know much about what will happen with the next iteration of devices. Furthermore, suppose this is correct. This led me to think about something else. Right now the 32 GB iPad Mini is 429, so if the 16 GB model is dropped from the iPad Mini 2, would the 32 GB unit be priced at the 329 the 16 GB used to be priced at? Perhaps they'll keep it at 429 for the 32 GB but then I also thought that if they follow the same storage pricing system, a 128 GB iPad Mini 2 would be priced at 629 dollars. Which from the way I see it from a storage standpoint is both reasonable and unreasonable, but lets say they bring the 32 GB price down to the 329 mark and go from there, 529 for a 128 GB iPad Mini would be a great deal. Although if they do this with the Mini series, I can foresee this happening with the iPad because 699 is a great price for a 128 GB iPad 5th Generation for instance.

    And so the waiting game begins
  17. #17  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,013 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,455 Global Posts

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    I would wait for the Mini 2 that is rumored to have a retina display and a faster processor.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
  18. #18  
    BParker4381's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

    Default re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    I would wait for the Mini 2 that is rumored to have a retina display and a faster processor.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
    The last thing I read was that the next Mini will not have a Retina but just have the A6.
  19. #19  
    goku_vegeta's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,054 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by BParker4381 View Post
    The last thing I read was that the next Mini will not have a Retina but just have the A6.
    Last I heard they're on track to doing an iPad Mini refresh this year. A6 processor but no Retina display. Then sometime in 2014 they are apparently getting the Retina display. I've also been in the same boat, wait it out or get one now. I'm looking into more videos and demos of iOS 7 on the Mini or hardware equivalents to the Mini such as the iPad 2. So far it seems the 512 MB of RAM (My personal pet peeve) didn't seem limiting at all. I may just purchase an iPad Mini this weekend and in a year or a year and a half I'll probably upgrade to the latest iPad Mini.
  20. #20  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,013 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,455 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by BParker4381 View Post
    The last thing I read was that the next Mini will not have a Retina but just have the A6.
    Quote Originally Posted by goku_vegeta View Post
    Last I heard they're on track to doing an iPad Mini refresh this year. A6 processor but no Retina display. Then sometime in 2014 they are apparently getting the Retina display. I've also been in the same boat, wait it out or get one now. I'm looking into more videos and demos of iOS 7 on the Mini or hardware equivalents to the Mini such as the iPad 2. So far it seems the 512 MB of RAM (My personal pet peeve) didn't seem limiting at all. I may just purchase an iPad Mini this weekend and in a year or a year and a half I'll probably upgrade to the latest iPad Mini.
    These rumors keep going back and forth depending on which ones you follow. I read something the other day that said Apple changed who was making the display and they were on track for a Mini 2 with retina display this Fall or late winter. I'm in no hurry either way as any delay will give me a chance to check out the iPad 5.


    Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  
    goku_vegeta's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,054 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    These rumors keep going back and forth depending on which ones you follow. I read something the other day that said Apple changed who was making the display and they were on track for a Mini 2 with retina display this Fall or late winter. I'm in no hurry either way as any delay will give me a chance to check out the iPad 5.


    Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
    I ended up biting the bullet and buying a 32 GB iPad Mini. I really got to say, it's a very impressive device so far, everything runs smooth even with all my apps and media loaded. It's great knowing iOS 7 is coming to the iPad Mini as well.
  22. #22  
    rdiddy_25's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,464 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

    Default Re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    Congrats on ur mini. It is a very solid device. I'm sure you'll be very happy
  23. #23  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,013 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,455 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by goku_vegeta View Post
    I ended up biting the bullet and buying a 32 GB iPad Mini. I really got to say, it's a very impressive device so far, everything runs smooth even with all my apps and media loaded. It's great knowing iOS 7 is coming to the iPad Mini as well.
    Great choice! Good luck with your new iPad Mini.
  24. #24  
    Donnee's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    It all depends on whether the current generation does what you need it to, and whether you're the type of person who has to have the latest shiny thing.

    Trouble is there will always be something newer, faster, bigger battery etc in x months time if you wait. The one saving grace these days is that in spite of the spec wars, most devices can do most things pretty easily. Looking back over apples lineup their product lifespans are pretty impressive, and just because something is 6 months old doesn't mean it'll explode on the day the new one gets released

    It's all about personal preference. I'm in the same boat with phones at the moment. I've got a blackberry now and have decided to wait for the 5s rather than getting a 5 now, but the main reason there is because I'll be tied to a 2 year contract. Assuming you get the mini as a one off purchase there's nothing to stop you selling it when the new one arrives if you decide it's worth the upgrade
  25. #25  
    melbsteve's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    286 Posts

    Default Re: Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

    ...get the Mini now.
    ...and the Mini 2 in September.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dolmus Driver Istanbul for iPhone / iPad
    By emrephlvn in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 04:48 AM

Posting Permissions